Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stainless turbo header EA-82T completed! Pics too!

I got the stainless header finished! It's a massive 2", I would have liked to use 1 3/4" tubing instead but I have a crap-load of 2" so 2 inch it is! That's the size of the port coming out of the heads anyway. I'm hoping it will keep a consistent velocity until it reaches the turbo. I decided not to go with an equal length because of space limitations; I don't think it will matter much. The exhaust ports in the heads aren't even equal length anyway. I think it's miles above the stock manifold anyway. Check out the pics and let me know what you guys think.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6630

It's just a garrett turbo from an eclipse with a .48 ex / .42 comp. I'll get it on the dyno with this one and then bolt on my .63exh / .60 comp to see what the difference is. I also have one with a divided .83 exh / .60 comp but I think that would be a drag-only setup. I like to race the rallycross so I need something that will work with some mid-range and that will spool up reasonably well. I also have been thinking about running a supercharger instead but I think my 1/4 mile times will suffer. Should work well for the rallycross and autocross though. I'll build my spare engine up with the supercharger.

Thanks for the complements guys!

• 1 month later...

That looks AWESOME!!! I tried to get the guys at one of the local(Wichita Falls) exhaust shops to build me something like that, but I couldn't get them to understand what the heck I was talking about. Now if I could only get someone to build one for me...............Anyhow, keep up the good work, as GOD has blessed you with a skill to be proud of.

Patrick

How the hell did I miss this? That header looks aweful. BoostedBalls, I expected better from you. It looks horrible with all the bling shine and everything. You need to make the exhaust diameter smaller so it can spool that turbo up quicker, which is too big as well.

Send me a PM. I'll take that setup off of your hands for cheap before you embarass yourself on the dyno. Do the same thing again with a smaller turbo and smaller diameter piping of the header. I have the $$ for the setup. Perhaps you can use it to go to the movies or something. What do you say? Let's make a deal. :lol:

J/K man! Looks great! BTW: I am wondering what will be done about your power steering lines on the passenger side near the header.

How the hell did I miss this? That header looks aweful. BoostedBalls, I expected better from you. It looks horrible with all the bling shine and everything. You need to make the exhaust diameter smaller so it can spool that turbo up quicker, which is too big as well.

Send me a PM. I'll take that setup off of your hands for cheap before you embarass yourself on the dyno. Do the same thing again with a smaller turbo and smaller diameter piping of the header. I have the $$ for the setup. Perhaps you can use it to go to the movies or something. What do you say? Let's make a deal. :lol:

ROFL:clap: :lol: :lol::clap: