Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nobody can answer this

Sorry had to catch your eye that way but trouble is sometimes when I come to a stop after high speed travel in my ea81 ('84) the car will die and be really a *************** to start again. At no other time is it ever hard to start and it rarely dies like that but when it does its really annoying. Told ya you couldnt answer it.

it couldn't have anything to do with fuel filter?

when was the last time you changed your filter.i had a problem one time with a fuel filter way back in my 86.when i would give it gas(it would run fine)but when i would let it idle(it would sputter,then die)

my carb hesitates to give my motor fuel when i go around corners. i learned to love its quirks. :cool:

Wesley,

Just a guess, but I'll bet it's dying when you make right turns, yes?

Check the float level. No baffles in the bowl, right turn forces gas to left side of bowl, intakes for the jets on right side of bowl.....jets starve for fuel. I played with the float level for about a week before I got it to stop.

Sorry about the hijack.

As for Markjs's problem.... Is it starving for fuel or flooding? More info please....:)

NV