Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here she is...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5798

We had a full 2 days to get to work on this project and are pretty pleased with the results. Winter is coming fast and a salamander heater just doesn't keep up in that drafty old tarp house. It served us well but will come down tomorrow. I can hear the neighbors' sighs of relief.

The pictures don't do the color any favor... it looks very sharp. Oh, I got some cheapy hubcaps from PEP Boys until I can find something better suited. They look ok for now, but I want real metal.

The badges aren't all on since some of them needed to be re-gilded.

That's one fine lookin' BRAT (coming from a guy doesn't get excited over BRATs). But what really sets my heart ablaze is the old blue FORD pickup in the background: DROOL:slobber: !

Send your email and I'll send some pics of the before and after of that Ford... she's a sweet looking truck, but she's actually purple.

Send your email and I'll send some pics of the before and after of that Ford... she's a sweet looking truck, but she's actually purple.

Seahag..yeah, I discovered the purple when I was looking at the "Gallery-o-Brats"..PM on the way:) .

Jibs, some of your BRATs are pretty nice..just like kids, there are some that are bound to look a little different...:cool:

You've got me beat! 4 Great looking ones > 9 crappy lookin ones!

Awww... no Brat is crappy looking. Just set up a lovely tarp hut... grab some sandpaper, compressor, spray gun, single stage paint, buffer and have at it... piece of cake. The polished aluminum comes up great with a lot of elbow grease. It's actually rather zen-like. Ohhhhhmmmmmm.

she looks beautiful!!

the silver leafing looks good (could of pimped a'lil and done gold leafing)

you gonna upgrade the wheels or stick with what's on her?

The wheels are 15" pugs. I got the cheapy hub caps until I find what I like to replace them, then the tires will change to white lettered chubby ones after the lift. So, there's more to come... like the roll bar with lights off the '84, and an A-bar. My others will stay pretty stockish... this is the toy.

Ok... here's the tally: Total cost of the beautification of the '86 Brat = grey hulk... including new sheet metal (fender, cowl), door handles, mirrors. chemical stripper (to bare metal), sandpaper (a bazillion sheets), primer (3 coats), paint (5 coats), bondo, silver leaf, trim, upper trim (to come) wheel covers, and the 9 piece decal set... $600.00.

LABOR, BEN GAY and HAND LOTION: PRICELESS!