Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 SportSedan Lurching Issues

Hello all,

I have a 92' Legacy SS Upgraded to boost etc. I have had it about 8 months and have enjoyed it. As of late though it started to feel a little gutless,,,now it is starting to lurch when i take off in any gear. Its hard to explain but the car surges then lets off surges lets off and jerks around....Any ideas????

I was pondering a fuel filter or a TPS any ideas??

Cory

PS i have this posted on bbs.legacycentral.org and am not getting much of a response so any help would be appreciated

Hello all,

I have a 92' Legacy SS Upgraded to boost etc. I have had it about 8 months and have enjoyed it. As of late though it started to feel a little gutless,,,now it is starting to lurch when i take off in any gear. Its hard to explain but the car surges then lets off surges lets off and jerks around....Any ideas????

I was pondering a fuel filter or a TPS any ideas??

Cory

PS i have this posted on bbs.legacycentral.org and am not getting much of a response so any help would be appreciated

does it do this at any other time?like a hard pull up a hill?

I would look at all the regular stuff ie. fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, plugs, wires. If I had to take a guess I might say the fuel filter or PCV valve.

Is the "CEL" on?

Maybe take a look at the spark plugs, see if it is running lean, rich or whatever.

Beezer