Ultimate Subaru Message Board

problem with puting the new ej1.8 in the 93 impreza

first of all thank you so much Imdew for this engine, but I am having problems with getting it in place with the transmission the 2 bottom screws wont go in all the way the go all the way then stop about half an inch can somone give me some pointers for an easy way to get this engine in? last time I did this it took less than 30 minutes but today I was working on it for 5 hrs with no luck :( PLEASE HELP

Make sure you arent hitting the motor mount studs on the crossmember and that you have the transmission jacked up a little bit. You may also have a metal splash plate on the bottom of your engine that is bent causing the engine to not slide on all the way.

Make sure you arent hitting the motor mount studs on the crossmember and that you have the transmission jacked up a little bit. You may also have a metal splash plate on the bottom of your engine that is bent causing the engine to not slide on all the way.

the motor mounts studs are fitting fine into the crossmember i have my transmission jacked up atlease 5 inches floating oabove the crossmember and I remove the splash guard so it would be easier to fit it

Manual or auto?

If it's a manual, you know that little shiny metal snout that sticks out of the input shaft? That has to slide into the pilot bearing in the flywheel. If you don't have it lined up enough, that snout will just hit the pilot bearing instead of sliding into it.

Manual or auto?

If it's a manual, you know that little shiny metal snout that sticks out of the input shaft? That has to slide into the pilot bearing in the flywheel. If you don't have it lined up enough, that snout will just hit the pilot bearing instead of sliding into it.

that wasnt the problem but all of a sudden it slid into place thismorning but now I have a bigger problem the harness cant hook up to the engine :( is there an adapter piece or am I gonna have to get a new computer and harness?