Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Peaceful rally for offroad use areas. February 3, 2006 Olympia, WA

XSNRG

As most know, our offroad areas are being closed at an alarming rate. If all offroad users don't unite soon and have our unified voice heard there will eventually be no public places for these activities. That leaves only privately owned lands and with litigation what it is today there isn't much hope there either. Weyerhaeuser and Simpson have locked most of their gates. The national forest no longer allows any non-licensed vehicles and has banned all off road travel. Many popular destinations have simply been closed.

There will be a peaceful rally at the State Capitol in Olympia on February 3, 2006 from 12:00 until 2:00. Tom Fite from the Olympia Recreational Vehicle park urges attendance and he said he does have support from some key political figures. If there is a good showing we will get the attention of the law makers.

Anybody that frequents other offroad, 4x4, motocycle or rally communities please share this information...see you there!

Mods, can we sticky this 'till February?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man ... I wana go but I can't get away from work untill near the end of Feb ... I have many concerns about this subject too ... I'm with Tailgatewagon ... not many places left in my area of montana either ... I know there are places people still go, but these aren't really legal ones ... It was quite a shock to me the first time I asked the local forest service ranger about where the full size vehicle OHV roads/trails were and first he looked at me puzzled and said " ... well I don't know why anyone would want to take a full sized vehicle off road ..." :rolleyes: I think it was actually the first time he had even heard that anyone would ... we still have some lake beds that dry-up a bit in the off season (state land) but I want trails, not just a mud pit ... I will be there in spirit as well, and if there is any kind of way we can make our voice heard as a group in other ways let me know ... I would sign a pettition or join a group .. isn't there a national organization we can support that will lobby lawmakers for this cause?

No, that would get it killed quick.

Incase you didnt know, they are trying to put a Motorsports complex out in Kitsap County, near Bremerton I believe. Olympia already nixed the idea this year... but they'll be back in force next year.

Yes, I admit, I'm a NASCAR fan. Go ahead, ridicule me. Har har they only turn left har har.

NavTextOff_02.gif

NavTextOff_03.gif

NavTextOff_04.gifNavTextOn_05.gif

NavTextOff_06.gifNavTextOff_07.gifheader_10.gifheader_11.gifspacer.gifheader_13.gif

News Recent News Past News header_14.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifNMA News

Welcome to the NMA news area. This is the where we communicate announcements, requests and important information for NMA members and non-members alike. We encourage you to check the news area every time you visit our site.

Recent News (last 30 days) Recent News | Past News

Attend ORV Rally in Olympia February 3, 1/23/2006

2006 NMA Event Calendar Now Online, 1/19/2006

Public Hearing This January 18: Snohomish County ORV Ordinance, 1/15/2006

Attend ORV Rally in Olympia February 3

The NMA along with NW Outdoor Coalition, AMA, PNW4WDA, SCCA, WSMDA and WOHVA is sponsoring the Second Annual ORV Rally in Olympia. This has been a watershed year for trail access. While we have enjoyed the success of re-opening Straddleline Park, we have seen closures of both easy cruising rides at P-5000 and hardcore trails at North Fork. The ORV community is outraged and we are making ourselves heard like never before - different forms of off-road sport banding together for one voice THAT CAN'T BE IGNORED.

WE ARE BEING HEARD.

Be part of the solution. Come early to the RALLY on Friday February 3, 2006. Speakers begin at noon til 2:00 pm held at Capitol Campus, Olympia.

For more information, contact 425-745-4010.

Event flyer (560 K PDF)

Event map (110 K JPG)

P.S. - Rally routes through Olympia are shown on the attached map. All parking will be on Deschutes Pkwy SW which the WSP has set up for parking during this event. WSP will also be providing parking security. A shuttle bus, paid for by the organizers of this rally will be in operation for rides from the parking area to the Capitol and back.

Submitted by:

Marcus Erickson

1/23/2006

Top of page

The rally went well depsite the rain...several hundred people were in attendance. There were some good speakers presenting some of the challenges and successes. The link below will get you information on identifying yourself as a offroad user to your congressman. Numbers are the best way to get our voice heard so sign up today. The motorcycle community is somewhat leading the way in this effort but it affects all of us, whether you use outdoor/wilderness areas or not. Don't let a few squeaky wheels dictate what we can do!

http://www.soundrider.com/Jan06/Clout.htm