Ultimate Subaru Message Board

winter plans - suspension!

nkx

ok, im thinking of workin on the suspension this winter. im gonna go with 2wd loyale springs and kyb struts to get the ride height down. i want to put on an xt RSB also, but thats the major hang up since my 89 t-wagon didnt come with a rear sway bar to start with.

exactly what do i need to get to bolt everything into place?

RSB (duh)

some sort of endlinks

brackets to tie rsb to body

trailing arms (no idea what they are, just know they have to do with the RSB/suspension)

rear swing arms

other stuff i dont know about

here's a pic I took showing the difference in struts, as thats what lowers the car

4012005_0302Image0006-thumb.JPG

as for the rear you can fit 2.5 ID springs in the rear, which many companys (afco, eibach, etc) make in a varity of lengths and lb. ratings.

im currently going to be using some eibach springs that are about 2" shorter and about 20lb or so stiffer than stock rears. its for the coupe so im gonna use adjustable wagon shocks as they're higher damping than non-rx coupe shocks

When you get it pegged down what you plan to use for rear springs, please post back. I just did the Accord LX spring mod and it's incredibly bumpy!

Someone mentioned cutting the springs down approx 2", but I don't see how that would change the spring rate or ride quality, if I'm cutting a dead coil.

-Todd

• 2 months later...