Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brakes

3 months ago I did the front brakes.. still need to do the rear (just can't seem to get the drums off.) Got em all bled out and was hunky dory. So wednesday I go to work and everything is cool.. I get back to the yard and jump in my car and the brake fluid light is on.. Hmmm start her up push the brake and nothing. I manage to limp it to the inlaws.. get em all bled again topped off the reservoir.. and the light is on again Friday (yesterday) afternoon again when I am trying to go home. Again I limp it to the inlaws house. This is very irritating but I suppose the master cylinder is just one more part I won't be replacing again for a while... At this rate I am gonna have a new car in about another two years.. LOL What is really kind of amusing is that I can get the part today but I have a wedding reception to go to so I won't even be able to touch the car till tomorrow. So all the snow I was gonna play in is going to be running down my back while I do the brake bleeding again. I am ot even frustrated and grouchy about this (whcih is really odd for me) Maybe it's the season! So anyway here's to all that read this :drunk: may your season be maintenance free.