Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ghetto DP for RX and new motor is in. pics be ware!

well I completed the motor and removed the old one with low compression. trasfered all the parts and droped it in a few days ago. today I got an idea to modify an old modified DP from my last RX for this car. the one that came with it was rattling a lot when it was running so I decided to slap together a cheapo down pipe. here are a few pics for you all to get a good laugh with. and yes the DP will bolt into the stock location.

632121_2120-med.JPG

and the front

632121_2121-med.JPG

and the new motor all installed and purring like a babby white seal.

632121_2122-med.JPG

all coolant lines are now silicone(including that little 1/4" guy up front)

now it sits and waits for RallyX season to start up again. its going to be fun. he he.

I likes the DP. You even opened up the rear flange. I'm guessing the cat internals are not stock. I bet you saved a bit on parts too. I would totally use that!

FMIC = cool in more than one way.

the DP was hacked and gutted when I got it orginally. I then proceded to add the waste gate dump into the gutted cat. it sat around. I tried to give it away(Junkie) then tried to sell it but no takers so I fabed up a 2.5" outlet pipe out of spare parts. basically cost a little bit of welding wire and electricity. I think it will work ok.

the relocated battery and FMIC were on the car when I bought it.

the change over to silicone all coolant hoses was all me.

it had a lightened flywheel and high performace clutch disc that was tossed in on the deal.

soon to be sitting on the gold Enkeis that were also in the deal. along with 8 rallytires.

Caleb would be proud of the budget to complete this car.

:grin:

pics are in my gallery.

but here is the original thread with pics from when I first picked the car up.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46248

thanks all for the good words. Now If I only had more than a 1000 bucks to buy an RX and build a motor it would be really somthing special. I dont count the cost of parts leftover from old projects.

Caleb, have I snatched the pebble yet?