Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 GL -the search is over,pics inside (56K beware)

We have some real nice old Subarus running around these parts as long as they didnt see what I call "Hill service" in their life. Those are the ones people bought cuz they live in the hills and they only drive it from the garage at their house down the side of a mountain to their "real car". :( Running a car for 3 minutes each way being started cold each time is a real kicker to a car after a while. But its a true testiment to the greatness of the 4wd in our Subaru's.

I'm very excited and intend on looking after this car to preserve it. that said I will probably not keep it bone stock as I plan on doing some mild trail riding so 3" lift is in the works and some rubber. The main thing is to keep it off the salt covered Ontarion roads so the body stays clean and no rust.

I'll take her out a few times in winter but save most of the driving for summer time when the road salt isn't such a problem.

Buying this car was more about promising the guy I bought it from that I was going to look after it. I traded a 1995 Legacy LS wagon with 211,000kms and $500 to get it. (bought the legacy for $1000) That's Canadian money so I'd be about $1200 US into it.

I work for a Subaru dealership so the seller thought it would be a good home for the car.