Ultimate Subaru Message Board

finally trimmed my fenders enough

dragonwingsubaru

finally decided the other day to get around to trimming up my fenders enough to keep my tires from rubbing, now im able to have more fun since i dont have to hear the tires rubbing!!!lol and a cpl in general pics of the roo, i gotta have the wife snap some pics while im out in the yard playing around with it.

IM001420.jpg

IM001422.jpg

IM001418.jpg

thanks guys, the wheels are from an 80's izuzu trooper(from what i was told) drilled out to the sooby pattern ,for the lifting its actually completely stock stuff, i got the adjustable suspension on it and got the front adjusted up all the way and a little homemade setup to extend the rear coilovers, theres a pic of that below. and in case anyone is wondering where the bumper is its going on my blue benz you see next to the sooby, since i cant fix the bent up 1 that was on it, and im planning on doing a simple tube bumper on the roo, nothing special since the roo isnt really driven on the streets anymore.

IM001315.jpg

nice... what bolt pattern are the 80s isuzu troopers? i dont see any empty holes or anything...? that or you did a really nice job of drilling them and then filling the other holes to make it look like nothing was ever there...

great job, youve given me a couple ideas

i had to drill out 2 holes to make them fit, they are 6 lug rims orininally, and im not sure why you cant really see the holes there since i didnt fill them in or anything, maybe between the fact that i painted the rims after i put them on and being dirty it kinda hides the holes or something.

and hopefully the ideas help, i try to post up stuff i do to help other ppl do stuff cheaper, all put together i got about $85 into getting my roo looking like this and most of it was rims and tires, other than that, i just had to buy a metal cutting skillsaw blade to do the cutting stuff. and a cpl bolts

yeah... I can see them now, looks pretty good for having drilled rims.. i need to find a cheep set of 15" wheels I can drill out

yeah pretty much all i've done in the past when it comes to cutting stuff up is get crazy with the sawzall and hammer

scrap487 do you have any places around that sell new and used rims, the place i got mine at mainly sells new rims but he has alot of trade-in rims mostly alot of stock stuff, but even some aftermarket stuff, i just happened to go with these since they looked pretty easy to drill out, and appeared to have a decent offset, although i could use a little more offset in the front since it will rub a little while hitting a dip while turning on the inner part of the engine bay.

subie 94, thanks man, i know its not near as nice as alot of the fully lifted roos but it is more than enough to make me happy, and it is plenty tough enough to handle any abuse i put it through, and believe me i beat the hell outta this offroad, have almost flipped it a few times now.

well just friggen peachy, i finally get the sooby where im more happy with it and apparently yesterday when i was wheeling i managed to break something, now its pouring coolant from somewheres on bottom of the engine, and its not coming from the head gaskets so i guess ill have to get the #%## motor pulled out and see what is wrong with this thing now!!!!!

well just friggen peachy, i finally get the sooby where im more happy with it and apparently yesterday when i was wheeling i managed to break something, now its pouring coolant from somewheres on bottom of the engine, and its not coming from the head gaskets so i guess ill have to get the #%## motor pulled out and see what is wrong with this thing now!!!!!

That's always the case with me too. Just when I think I'm ready to go, something new bites me in the rump roast.

I finally sorted out the wiring snafu on my wagon, and then my wiper motor died. :lol:

lol thats great... when its easier to fix a coolant leak by pulling the whole engine than fixing it in the car :lol:

dude I gotta hand it to you, for not going quite as extreme with the lift, and for those 235s and those rims, that thing looks a beast... how well does it handle highway speeds with those tires?

yeah I need to try and find some cheap 15s... i have some wheels off of my jeep but those are 5x5.5 and I'd have to get new hubs and drill em and i dont know if thatd be worth it.

I'm probably gonna go find some kinda rusted crappy steelies at the used tire place up on 82nd and paint the crap out of it... need to find some rims for less than $50 total

scrap the other part of the reason im just probably gonna pull it is because there are some other things i wanna do to it anyways, among other things ive had a persistant oil leak somewheres on the bottom of the motor that ive been wanting to fix,and thanks for the compliment, as for how it handles on the street i could tell you now, since the only few times i took it out were when i first swapped the tires and whatnot on, and found out i had bad bearings and balljoints, thing wobbled real bad, i swapped on the good parts from my parts car pile, and hadnt had a chance to take it on the road again, but i can definetally say its like a dog on these country mountian roads i live on, ide have to keep it in 3rd at 55 just to keep it going good,

i think i paid 50 for my set of rims, but had to get the tires elsewhere, gotta love used tire places around here!!