Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cut up a rs hoodscoop today.. pics added

well it was like 4" too long to fit on my hood.. so i cut out 4-5" right outa the center, then epoxy'd it back together.. it fits perfectly in the raised area of the ea82 hood..

still gotta paint it and sand down the excess epoxy once it dries ( just got done doing it)

then i'll get pics when i get it on the car :banana:

heres some pics of just the scoop, haven't sanded or painted it yet..

the more i look at it the more it looks like a wrx scoop :confused:

154112_1249-med.JPG

154112_1250-med.JPG

154112_1251-med.JPG

permatex permapoxy 5 min. general expoxy..

its all i had, but it seems to have bonded very very well, i can grab both ends and try to bend it and it doesn't budge.. when i first glued it, i had to hold it together with my hands for about 15 min, gives your arms a workout lol.. after that i just sat it on my desk for 2 days and she dried nice..

my advise is let it dry a day or so longer than what the directions say..

when ya cut yours, take a grinding wheel (not on teh grinder) to do the sanding with.. it roughens up the edges and lines them up very nicely..

I gotta WRX scoop I need to do this to. What kinda epoxy did you use? Im not sure whats best for this type of plastic.

I have another scoop I might use as well. no trimming involved but doesnt look as nice or as "subaru" as the WRX scoop does.

-Brian