Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Little things with the RX, a few questions

The RX is about ready to run. Just a few things left that I have questions on and I'll also need some vacuum/wiring diagrams since the Chiltons manual blows almost as much as the wind in Wyoming. So here's the little list I've got going.

I used a NA spyder intake on my RX. There's what I believe is the anti dieseling solenoid on the throttle body. It has a single wire connection on it. I was wondering if the NA MPFI engines have a knock sensor because I can only find one electrical connection and it looks like it could go to either the knock sensor or the anti dieseling solenoid.

Next, I need a vacuum diagram like the one from under the hood of how the boost control box thingy and the rest of the vacuum lines on the passenger side go. Don't have a clue since the hood now on the RX is from another car and the hood I took off of it was replaced.

I know I'm going to have a few more questions but hopefully I can get it running this week so then, I can test her out.

I hope my little wonderful diagram works :-p

leave the turbo duty solenoid connected electrically, otherwise it throws a code, but you do not need any lines connected to it. Just run a line from turbo outlet to wastegate.

run line from intake manifold to a T with one line going to the boost sensor for the dash, it's small and round, and the other to the canister

from the canister one line goes to the hvac, and the other goes to the 4wd / dif lock

post-1818-136027605115_thumb.jpg

ok so I'm sitting here looking at my electrical diagrams in Chiltons and I see that both the NA and the turbo like you said Brian, have the knock sensor. Next question is, what the hell is that sensor deal right under the throttlebody which looks like the antidieseling solenoid on a carbed car? Along with looking at the diagrams, what is the FICD solenoid? What about the throttle switch? I think those are the only two items that I can't seem to figure out what they are, what they do and why are they important. HELP!