Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does a disty retard or advance with boost?

Howdy all, as the title says... I am in the process of supercharging my EJ22 and am trying to figure out the timing.

I have a distributor on this system and re-curving is my next ting on the list to do.

What does it do on a turbo motor, advnce or retard?

Cheers,

Matt

Well, I know that you can't run turbo engines too far advanced as they pre detornate. So I'm guessing the advance stuff doesn't do much or anything on a boosted engine. This is really a question for my bro, as he is the one with a turbo, but no subie so his not on this board.

Cool setup-

Also- You can run an outboard engine distributor on just about any engine. They are mostly belt-driven. Just slap on an extra cam pully to it and drive it off the timing belt.

But you know that most aftermarket ignition systems can be triggered by a magnetic pickup, I see no reason to add extra weight to the engine. Takes up space too.

Its a distributor from a Subaru fiori (sherpa?) which was installed into the blank on the rear of the drivers side head (Pass side in US).

It runs off a cam gear.

I have a pure LPG fuel system to allow me a nice icy cold air/fuel mix to compress to 6psi!

Fuel injection is disconnected.

It hauls rump roast now, but with AWD, big tyres and towing a 14' boat it could always do with some more horsepower.

1GG Toyota supercharger @ 6psi should help that.