Ultimate Subaru Message Board

kinda pointless but...

I picked up a few books from powells tonight... subaru 1600 and 1800 1980 service manual, a chiltons manual for various years, and how to keep your subaru alive, from powells tonight, I havent looked through chiltons or how to keep your subaru alive yet. But I feel like a god now that I have the factory service manual, I cant explain how I feel right now other than I feel like I have the best tool of all. its 2am and I wanna go out and wrench and I'm like UGH I need to sleep, have no light, no money and almost none of the parts I need... I'm sooo friggin excited now that I can actually get things done efficiently

I cant wait... well, I could wait untill its dry and warm out... anyone got a garage they would care to lend out? :grin:

the how to keep your subaru alive book is awesome. your gonna love it i guarantee it. yes everyone should have a factory service manual, but i tell you the how to keep book is worth it for the drawings alone. nice scores.

keep the chiltons book in the back of your car at all times. the pages are nice and thin and if you ever need to take a dump in the woods it makes decent t.p.

the how to keep your subaru alive book is awesome. your gonna love it i guarantee it. yes everyone should have a factory service manual, but i tell you the how to keep book is worth it for the drawings alone. nice scores.

keep the chiltons book in the back of your car at all times. the pages are nice and thin and if you ever need to take a dump in the woods it makes decent t.p.

lol yeah, it fits under the seat better than a roll of toilet paper :lol:

I figured I wouldnt need the chiltons, but I got it just incase I might need to look at a differant model or see if it offers anything from a point of view... tho I'm doubtfull it will ever actually be of any help but yeah... $5 for the service manual, the how to book was $35 unfortunately and I wasnt gonna get it except i heard it was the best(I dont know what a good price for it is in crappy conditions... :-\ )