Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 OB Auto tranny died today with 16,000 miles. Wife's ride just suddenly revved up and wouldn't engage 2-3rd gear. Flatbed to dealer and now await a replacement (likely remanufacture). Anyone else have a "death" in their family? Is there a trend??

(BTW I am on my THIRD tranny, all warranty but separate issues, with my 2000 Legacy GT Auto 80,000 miles)

now being serious,if i am correct there is only two things that come to mind,one is the 2-3 selonoid,the other is the tran-clutch. would lean more toward the selonoid.

First thing first, after we slaughter the chicken ....

Was the transmission fluid burnt?

What exaclty were the symptons

nipper

Seeing as it's an 05, I'd just throw a temper tatrum at the dealer untill they fixed it free.

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

First thing first, after we slaughter the chicken ....

nipper

Soup is already on.

Fear not Tunered et al, SOA will be fixin' it on their ticket. The dealer has sent the pressure readings and the info downloaded from the CEL and blinkin' cruise control light along with the 'puter's freeze frame data from the moment of mishap to SOA. They now await word of whether to fix it in house or await the replacement. Meanwhile the dealer tossed us the keys to a 06 Legacy loaner... (Note to self: 1. Try all those radical driving maneuvers on loaner car. 2. NEVER buy a used Timex from Nipper)

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

Soup is already on.

Fear not Tunered et al, SOA will be fixin' it on their ticket. The dealer has sent the pressure readings and the info downloaded from the CEL and blinkin' cruise control light along with the 'puter's freeze frame data from the moment of mishap to SOA. They now await word of whether to fix it in house or await the replacement. Meanwhile the dealer tossed us the keys to a 06 Legacy loaner... (Note to self: 1. Try all those radical driving maneuvers on loaner car. 2. NEVER buy a used Timex from Nipper)

10-4 on the timex,now pray for some snow so you can try out that 06.