Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Go Bucky Go!!!!

Since so many people post threads with the problems of thier cars I thought I would post that my Loyale is absolutely wonderful and I love it more everytime I drive him.

I usually dont put many miles on my car....maybe 300 a month. But between yesterday and today i put 260 miles on him. He needed the road trip bad...now he is running like a champ again. Bucky did great and his gas mileage was awesome....220 miles to a Half a Tank!!!!!:banana:

So for the new year I just wanted to post something different...Some good news about my Loyale and how much I love this car!!!!

jesus, I'm lucky if I get 250 off of a whole tank... maybe if I had a 5spd transmission...

Bucky is also FWD which makes usually a big difference in gas mileage.Even when he was running bad I never got less than 350 milea to a tank but usually more around 400-430 a tank full highway...not so good city

damn, I guess I cant tune a carbed vehicle very well... maybe I should sell my jeep for parts and find a way to cram that 4.0L straight six(mpfi) in there with the transmission and transfercase and axles... my jeep weighs at least 1500lbs more and I get 18mpg with it... could you imagine a little 81 suby wagon with around 200hp and 230lbs torque? :burnout:

I'm sure I could make it fit once I got some lift on there.. :grin:

actually I'm gonna go out and take some measurements, cause no ones made a reasonable offer on my jeep, yet...

Both my cars are running like champs, one has a small, ok big exhaust leak, but the 88 made it from Detroit to San Diego like a champ, the EJ22 in it is a dream up hills, and the fuel economy was up around 35mpg, i was however drafting an OBS pulling a 5x8 trailer @ 55 mph the whole time though.

Huzzah i say for running subies.

woo i wish i got that for milage. I only get around 27mpg on the highway with a EA81 auto. When i convert to 5 speed im hoping for low 30's. Think it can be done?

Me too with my EA81 auto.

It can be done,and you should expect that sort of mileage with the conversion.

Right on Bucky!!!!!!!!!

Well, Connie, what did you expect? You've only got 191K on her!

Its 192K now LOL...and Buck is not a her...its a him LOL..sorry just being a schmuck...insomnia and getting a cold.

Wish it was warmer outside now...have the bug to go fix some of his rust issues ...and I have a new power sander I havent played with yet.

I am also big on fuel economy...Paulyburger knows...living here on my income is tough..so I have to save everywhere I can..down to gas budget..I here people spending $50+ a week on gas and that just wouldnt fly with me. with what is left in Buckys tank I should get two more weeks on him before I have to see the gas pump again. This is my major reason for loving these FWD EA82s SPFIs 5 spds.And they are great in bad weather.

I love my subie as well :D The day I swapped an alternator on a subie - to that day, I've never been closer than 15ft to a subaru - I decided that day that my next car will be a subie. Sooo easy to work on! Not only that, they're so far ahead of their time - hill holder, headlight angle adjustment, adjustable suspension, power everything, all this in a '89 car. Sounds like a regular BMW, but it only cost me $300 USD :D I tell you, if this thing gets written off, it'd be cheaper to buy two ones just like it than pay the insurance excess! :D

That's the best part.

So easily modded too. (O/T: how do I get a Weber 36 on this beast?)

All in all, Subaru for teh win! :banana:

LOL there is a story behind my DL.. it was bought by the previous owner somwhere around 93 or 4.. the people never registered it or put it in thier name.. now get this..

they bought it as a FARM USE vehicle to use on thier farm, lol.. they used it for a few years beating around the farm, then it got parked till i got it.. lol

i am still kinda amazed its pretty much rust free and runs as good as it does :)