Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah sometimes it idles a bit lower when you pull up to a stoplight but it seems to correct itself. The last tank of gas I got much better mileage and the CEL light is still off, so maybe your problem is a bit different? What other symptoms are you having?

I have low milage and the idel looks like it is about to die at stop signs. it is on that last line of the tach some times belowe it. when i start it up in the morning and turn the heater one is has a strang smell almost like exsust with a sweatness to it. but it goes away after it is warmed up. the dealer i bought it from did the head gasket thing to it and the from o2 sensor recall to it. i have put in new plugs and fuel filter, air was good. the air box is cracked but seams to seal good anyway. the crack is before the filter in the air flow by the drivers side mounting bolt for the air box. nothing i leaking on the ground that i have seen and i have been looking. i am more woried about the low idle than the low milage at this point. and i havehad the computer read and their are no codes to speak of other than the idle is low wich wasnt a code.