Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Betcha never seen a EA81 coupe like THIS before.

here is his list of modifications:

BODY/EXTERIOR

1982 Subaru Leone Coupe

WRC Blue

16" Chrome Wheels

Custom Bodykit

5% Tint

BMW Electric Chrome Mirrors

Bonnet Scoop

ENGINE/GEARBOX

Series 5 RX7 13b Turbo :eek:

Extend Port

3" Mandrell bend exhaust from turbo back

3" Dump pipe

Pod Filter

Turbosmart BOV

Top mount intercooler

EMS Computer with handheld controller

5 Speed EA82 constant AWD, liberty 4.11 internals

L-Series front and rear discs

SUSPENSION

Lowered

Koni Adjustable Suspension

Modified rear camber

KMAC front camber kit

Whiteline Front and rear swaybars

INTERIOR

Custom door panels

Electric Windows

Sunroof

Custom centre console

MOMO Gear Knob

BOSS Steering wheel

ISOTTA Pedals

STEREO

JL 6" Drivers

JL 6x9" Drivers

JVC MP3 Head Unit

JVC 12" Sub

Response 2x100 Amp

CONVERSION

Modified engine crossmember

Custom gearbox crossmember

Custom engine adaptor plate

Engine crossmember dropped 2"

Walbro Fuel Pump was fitted

1L Surge Tank

Custom tailshaft

FUGLY

i think the wheels suck,

the motor is only cool as somone spent lots of time and money making somthing work,

body is poor choice with scoupe and all

i think a 4wd ea81 turbo coupe with a wrx trasplant and some mudflaps and agressive tires ,would look 10times better this this deal...

:lol:reminded me of a early BMW coupe. Personally I like the bodywork, very unique (if a bit over the top ;))

as for the engine...

granted, I think a nice JDM EJ25 would make it all the better, neverless it is impressive he took the time to fab that in there.....

I think this is one of those love it or hate it kinda things

oh and the wheels shoulda been the gold STi BBS's, with the brembos for that matter (if thats even possible)

Very nice. I like that wheels (5 lug swap?) and the fact that someone put that much time into it. I like the custom interior and would like to see more pix of that as I am doing a complete custom job on one of my projects. I always like imagination go into a car.

Besides no one else has built one. :)

I like the bumpers and even the grill but I'd prefer all the trim to be blacked out rather than chrome. And the wheels, I guess they go with the chrome theme but they kind of draw your eye away from the car itself. Lose the scoop and stuff a front mount intercooler under the bumper. No side skirts/ground effects? So how much power would a 13b setup like that make? Would that weigh less than an EJ20T?

looks pretty nice. i say if I was to swap a 13bt motor in an 80's suby, go as light as i can go. looks like its an fc engine so it should be extremely light, get rid of the chrome and go rays or sumthing, could have after looking at how much money was put into other things and clean out the interior, ultra sleeper. but each to his own opinion, i say total props for being so dedicated and it turned out nice.

indeed, stock brakes would be scray. His prolly got the 5 stud wheel conversion someone here makes. I almost ripped his throat, but then I saw it was AWD... so its cool. At least it isn't just another RX2/3/4/7.....

EDIT: I was just looking at the title again.... EA81 coupe? But its not even a EA81...

indeed, stock brakes would be scray. His prolly got the 5 stud wheel conversion someone here makes. I almost ripped his throat, but then I saw it was AWD... so its cool. At least it isn't just another RX2/3/4/7.....

EDIT: I was just looking at the title again.... EA81 coupe? But its not even a EA81...

i'll rephrase: GL series coupe ;)

i too would like to know what kinda horsepower its making.

Sounds like there's some hot upgrades, but to be honest, it looks like someone put a helluva lot of time into bondo-ing a bunch of junkyard parts that fit a coupe then rolled it down to Earl Scheib auto paint for the $44.99 "Tuesday Special". The on the way home stopped by Schucks auto supply (aka Checker / Parts America) and bought $350.00 in chorme and flair.

I think it's gawdy looking and a waste of money.

Are those 16" Spinners?

Thats just IMHO.