Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Lights! wohoo! (EVEN MORE!! + Pics)

Andyjo

So i went into our basement, stole one of my housemate's thule bars, get some walmart lights, broke apart my old ski rack mounts, and bam! i've got myself a light bar!

it's only attached to the car.. because the box is pushing down on it, but i'll get to mounting it correctly later.. and wiring the lights.

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg

whoah! now i just need some more lights to throw on there, and.. some mounts so it doesn't fall off when i go around corners :rolleyes:

total 4kW??? Ok, so avrg alternator is 55amp. 4000Watts divided by 12 volts (they run on 12volts?) = 333.3 amps... Car batteries can do about 400 cranking amps (means they can do that for about 10seconds just say, before getting damaged.) How many alternators you planning on running?

Though I must say... They would be brilliant when someone is highbeaming you... :brow::lol::-\:rolleyes:

total 4kW??? Ok, so avrg alternator is 55amp. 4000Watts divided by 12 volts (they run on 12volts?) = 333.3 amps... Car batteries can do about 400 cranking amps (means they can do that for about 10seconds just say, before getting damaged.) How many alternators you planning on running?

Though I must say... They would be brilliant when someone is highbeaming you... :brow::lol::-\:rolleyes:

Actually, the lights run on 28VDC, And In case you have not figured it out, that's not mine..... :D:headbang:

Click the thread and read about them....no way they are even close to DOT apporved...hell almost have to be NASA approved...... :banana:

Ok... then its 142AMPS at 28volts.... you would prolly want to run it off a old 24v or 32volt 'generator'... And seems those old things arnt up to much, you'd be fillin your bonnet with generators... well, unless you can find a truck alternator. maybe a 24v one would be easy to find. Still it might be hard to find a 142amp one...

I can't see how they would be good for driving tho. Unless your driving a jet powered car, you just don't need to see that far infront !

Yeah they do look cool. You planning on putting four up there?

Side topic: What do you think about me putting 4 7" round spotties on my brats rollbar?

Cheers,

www.offroadingsubarus.com

how about two 7" 's on the outside of the rollbar, and some 6x9 rectangles in the middle?? i like the way that looks :) Mine are 6" ers and they seem, well, big enough..

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so i can't stand not having a full light bar, so i got some more lights for it today, MAN does this thing kick some light :lol:

here's some more pics...

morelights1.jpg

morelights2.jpg

morelights3.jpg

morelights4.jpg

So now.. that's 4 on the bar, 2 driving lights, and stock headlights... it's pretty good, i think i still need some fogs again... some fogs that won't break this time :rolleyes:

I have just put a new set on myself.....

4199LIGHTS.jpg

Two new 130w PIAA's from ebay, one spot one spread. $60 Aussie or $40 US.

I just scored another set for $72 as well, both spots.

They are going on the jet boat!

I currently am running 720w of forward light and 240w rear.

4199They_Match.jpg

Blessed be the alternator!

NICE ride, matty b.

I like the two tone. And the matching dog, lol.

I mean 4 round 7 inch lights, what was that about rectangles? I can't quite imagine what your on about. Is it like two 6" squre on the side and 2 6x9 inch in the middel?

NICE ride, matty b.

Thanks dude, its a work in progress as normal.

The matte black on the bottom lets me touch up the sratches and stone chips with a paint brush.

Then one day I was a little 'offa' and masked the stripe all around.

That's Groover (or El Grooverino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing),

he is the finest dog in the entire world.

My Mate!

NICE ride, matty b.

I mean 4 round 7 inch lights, what was that about rectangles? I can't quite imagine what your on about. Is it like two 6" squre on the side and 2 6x9 inch in the middel?

Like 2 7inch round ones on the outsides, and 2 6x9's in the middle. i think that looks pretty cool, but 4 7's would be nice to.