Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Must have another car

Can't control the urge, must find a way :slobber:. Recent newspaper has indicated that there is a 84 4wd T-coupe in need of saving. Has cracked head and bad digi dash, 300.00 firm. I talked to the guy and he said he might be interested in trading somethings for it, not sure what I could do there. I only have 100.00 bucks in my mad money :banghead: , so I'm not sure if I can pull anything off. Any one want to donate to my SUBARU ADDICTION FUND? I think I'm gonna try and sell the kids Berretta for a few bucks, bad thing is motor is shot in that too. I might just beg the guy really bad to see through my need to have his car. Did I tell you it's SILVER! I don't have a silver car, I need a silver car, I need THAT silver car!:brow:

Did this sound desperate enough? or must I check myself in to Subarus Anonamous, I wonder if there's a Betty Ford Clinic for this addiction:rolleyes: .

Yes and thank you so much for that, I've done a tranny flush to it and it seems to be working okay, slips a little still when cold, also added H-alloys to it. Last thing needed to make it a safe driver is a pair of ball joints up front. Doesn't every one want a subie for every day of the week ?

Doesn't every one want a subie for every day of the week ?

No. I don't.

Just a winter beater, lifted offroader, really nice summer car with A/C, and a few parts cars.

Oh, yea, and the loaner (with an automatic, can't trust everyone with my gearboxes), and maybe the project car (350WHP, '87 wagon body... that'd be fun).

-=Russ=-

Doesn't every one want a subie for every day of the week ?

My delusionary thinking is that they all have a specific purpose that not one can fill all your needs :)

One for summer, one for winter, and one that has enough room for 4 people or lock up lots of shopping bags out of the weather!

Okay, so I just got back from looking at the t-coupe. It will be mine soon enough!:brow: Silver with blue interior, 138,000 with what sounds like a cracked head. Very clean on the out side, minimal rust in the rear wheel wells and a few door dings, not bad for a 22 year old car. The car is straight and has everything, sunroof,pwr windows,4 spoke alloys, a/c, luggage rack, and they already modified center counsel with CD player, did a good job at that too. Tires are better than 50% and he said he just put in new axles last year. Probably only bad thing is digi dash is bad. Chime in anyone that has one to sell or trade, Andrew you still got that one from the parts wagon?? anyways it has the 3AT also which he said had no issues so thats cool, I dont mind the auto, at least my wife can drive it. This will be #4 in my stable of rides and the 3rd turbo!

Betty FORD?! Try Betty Fuji ;-)

And no, I don't know what I'd do if I had one for every day of the week...my life would be so empty...one per day of the month is SO much more my style :)

Now Andrew... you have +/- 24 Subarus, but according to your signature, none of them are running or registered. Just curious... what do you drive? I drive all of mine 'cept the '84... needs work.

That was posted in a moment of frustration, during which none of the registered ones were running (and vice versa). My daily driver is an '01 New Beetle (Sunflower Yellow if you were wondering) but I also drive both XT6es and the Justy on a regular basis, the 360 around the yard only (NOT suitable for highway use!!) and the '73 in the summer, special occasions only.

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got it!:banana: That makes for the sixth in a set of three sets of twins. Two Brats, Two Wagons, and now Two Turbo Coupes:headbang: The Wife and I pulled it home last night. It had a dead battery and was blistering cold outside so we opted to pull it back into town instead of freezing and no gaurantee that it would start or even make it home. So a tow rope and twenty minutes later we were at the house. I tried the trickle charger to no avail but luckily had a spare battery sitting in the garage. Fifteen minutes later she was purring. She was also pushing antifreeze out the radiator faster than I could pour it in too and the tail pipe was hosing water out as well:( . Oh well I was hopin for for a silver lining. So I'm guessing it has a cracked head or bad head gasket for sure. So now the question is? do I pull motor apart and attempt a rebuild? do I canabalize the turbo brat(it's kinda rusty) and make that the project vehicle? hmm.. what if I .... no thats alot of work... yea but it would be cool... I've never done that before though... plenty have done it on the board and would be more than willing to give their advise... I dont know;) . Well the mental debate will go on for awhile yet, but I do have a bag o goodies I'm dying to do something with. I'm bringing home the digi camera this weekend I hope to take some family photos so until then.