Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front Hubs EA81/EA82

i wouldnt know, but it doesnt take long to get a hub off. I heard that ea81 and ea82 may have used differant axles? or at least had differant spline counts? I dont know what I'm talking about but if you dont get any better info I'd just take the 20 minutes or so it takes to get a hub off and see. if the axles are differant I think you'd be better off finding the "correct" replacement for the hubs.

yeah, I think its only the turbo models with 25 splines. Though I have never had the wheel off on my parents 85wagon. But from what I hear they should be the same. Then again they use different bolt pattern on the top of the struts. I'll see if I remember to check in the morning.

i'm thinking they will work but i'm not sure and was hoping that someone out there in the community has use EA81 to EA82 hubs or visa/versa. i can take a front hub off in 10 minutes thats not a problem, i just got the info last night when i went to look at the car and hear it run i won't be able to pick it up until latter this week so i was just fishing for information. as far as i know the spline count is only at the tranny end of the axles thats where they are different in my experience with replacing axles but what do i know.

thanks for your responses, i do appreciate them.

Thanks Monstaru

"for everything that is sacred and easy on this earth....they will work"

pretty much any ea-81 or ea-82 hub will fit up front.the only issue i can think of is the fitment of rims afterwards,but iirc,that is only the issue with the caliper.due to some of the wagon wheels rubbing that i have heard of.and even an ea-71 hubs can interchange with ea-81 hubs.check it out.........i have saved myself like this before.