Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle May 19-21

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure we have wrenches so that we can tighten up everything on the Harley that will rattle apart on long trip up. :lol:

Keith: Are we still doing the motor swap on sat.?

Sorry, life has been super busy. I honestly wouldn't even be coming anymore if it wasn't for the fact that I paid, and my half brother and nefhew are coming. I WILL NOT be doing the motor swap. Turns out the short block has the pan and pick-up tube off, plus I simpley have not had the time to prep everything I would need to do it. I guess we'll all just have to drink beer and find other ways to be stupid.

PS, I'll post this in the other thread, but I paid for a camp sight on the grounds and I intend on sleeping there... or if it rains I'll sleep in the big van I'm towing the race car with. Supposed to be showers there somewhere.

Keith

Please! I'm begging you...DON'T

My eyes have finally recovered from Annapolis..you and those extremely white legs :lol:

White? I guess somebody put him in a lobster pot then after he left as when I saw him that night he looked about ready to eat. I just couldn't find the melted butter.:grin:

Yes, DRINK LOTS OF BEER! I'm hoping to plan a drunk trailer painting fest Saturday evening!:)

...anyone see the "Mythbusters" episode where they tried to duplicate the "Mr Bean" stunt of painting a room with a can of paint and a stick of Dynamite???? :eek::grin:

looks like i will be making it to carlisle!:banana: but probly w/o a sube:mad: i`ll have to stop by and meet some of you fellas. my pop wanted to go, so what the heck. he wants to try out his monster RV thing:eek: maybe i can convince him to let me hook up the dolley and tow down the 78 brat, and parts:brow: i wonder if it would be saleable there with all the foreign car fanatics.

So I just talked to Paul and Andrew and looks like we will be heading down Friday night.

I have a small 2 man tent,sleeping bag and also a large tent if needed...Let me know if you guys ( that means any of you) need me to try and bring anything .....I will be bringing down Andrews Justy so just remember that :) .

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/results/17013?from=36hr_outlet_outdoors

Pinchot only 3 miles further away. Pine Grove Furnace mentions camping but does not mention any showers,etc...so I'm assuming it's rustic camping.

Personally any park will do since it looks like it's going to be "car tenting" for us.My crap is all in storage and I doubt I can get at the tent,etc....and it looks like it might rain either or both days.

Carlisle camping info from the website:

Camping:

Camping is available. Call (717)243-7855 for a fee schedule and to pre-register.

I might do Carlisle,might do Pinchot,we'll see.I'll have my son so it'll be kind of boring for him camping in a plain open field in the middle of a town at Carlisle.

We are definite for both nights.

i wonder if it would be saleable there with all the foreign car fanatics.

"For Sale" signs are forbidden on the general/show areas of the fairgrounds. You'll need to stick with it and take offers if someone looks interested.

Remember to register a car or two and save Matt some cash if you're definitely coming!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/results/17013?from=36hr_outlet_outdoors

Pinchot only 3 miles further away. Pine Grove Furnace mentions camping but does not mention any showers,etc...so I'm assuming it's rustic camping.

Personally any park will do since it looks like it's going to be "car tenting" for us.My crap is all in storage and I doubt I can get at the tent,etc....and it looks like it might rain either or both days.

Carlisle camping info from the website:

Camping:

Camping is available. Call (717)243-7855 for a fee schedule and to pre-register.

I might do Carlisle,might do Pinchot,we'll see.I'll have my son so it'll be kind of boring for him camping in a plain open field in the middle of a town at Carlisle.

We are definite for both nights.

Pine Grove does have showers. I think the boy would like it there more actually. There's an actual iron furnace ruin there, 2 lakes small lakes.

what time are you CT folks leaving to head this way????

Shooting for 6-7PM Friday night.

Ben,the camping at Pine Grove is rustic,no flush toilets.....so rather than see my kid freak out :-p I'll have to hit Pinchot or Carlisle.Besides,we ain't goin to learn about PA history,as nice as that would be.:) Maybe next time.

paul, i have a brand new tent you may use if you like. it sleeps 4 people.

75subie, if you end up bringing your brat and parts, i might be able to hook you up with a friend who has a vendor spot.

who wants to go in on some beer with me? :D

Do you still have that EA81 passenger fender we talked about a few months ago?? If you can bring it great :D if not I'll grab it later this summer.

I am really sorry man, but i ended up using that fender on my last brat, the fender that was on it got crunched in bad:-\ i might have another in back of the garage, i`ll let you know the condition of it. is yours rusted or dented? i think the one i have was rust free but dented.

Nkx, thanks for the offer on that, i`ll have to see if i can bring it down. every time i come close to selling it, reallity sets in, and the fact of how hard it would be to find another clean one for 1200 bucks:eek:

anyway, hope to see you guys there, and to anyone who doesn`t want to spring for a camp ground site, there is a FlyingJ truck stop on the carlisle exit. you can stay there for free, and they have free drinking water, 2 buck showers, and internet (20 cents a min usually) inside their store, usually there is also a decent restaurant inside.

Jon

I talked to Melis this morning and if there is room...I can bring 2 tents....a 2 man and a 7 man tent. I was going to bring the 2 man for myself but Melis may want to barrow our 7 man which we just water proofed in Sept before we went on a camping trip

Nkx, thanks for the offer on that, i`ll have to see if i can bring it down. every time i come close to selling it, reallity sets in, and the fact of how hard it would be to find another clean one for 1200 bucks

ok, my friend with the vendor spot says you can sell some of your parts in his space. he wants $20 if you decide you want to sell your brat there cuz its going to take up a fair chunk of his real estate.

oh, and last but not least if any of you guys get lost/stuck in traffic/need general info, pm me and ill give you my cell phone number. see you all in a few hours!

Hey Jon, I'm still not sure if I'm making it Sat yet. Definitly won't make it Fri, but def will on Sun.

ok, gimme a call on saturday if youre coming late to make sure we're still at the fairgrounds.

I will be there mid morning myself on Sat. and can stay till about 6:00pm. I just made up a batch of the Whiskey beans that were requested and I will be bringing the flags. I will be happy to leave them up for the club Sat night and Sunday if someone can promise to take them down and mail them to me.