Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Must See!!! ENGINEERING MARVEL.

I was looking through threads over at the NASIOC. I came across a thread questioning whether or not it is possible to put Twin Turbos on an STI.

The response was ridiculous: Yes. Yes it can. And not only can you fit two turbos in there, but you can also throw a supercharger into the mix. :slobber:

If you're not a member, well, you be the judge... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840806&highlight=twin+turbo+sti

This topic is now about a day old, and seven pages deep. I'll save the lazy or less than curious the trouble.

0008.JPG

0009.JPG

0011.JPG

0013.JPG

0005.JPG

0006.JPG

0007.JPG

WOW! There must be a LOT of heat in that engine compartment. Good thing the turbos have a nice blast of air coming over them from the breadbox. Wonder how big the oil cooler is on that thing?

Wait! Is the turbo outlet fed into the supercharger inlet? Looks like it's service life just got cut in half! (prolly a 100,000 mile unit anyways).

What kinda HP and torque does it produce?

Going to check out the thread now.

No Numbers running the SC and Two Turbos. If you read the thread, and I recommend you do, you will find out why they are doing it this way. The big reason is that this thing produces 60 psi of flow, but to do that, only requires 20 psi boost. :slobber:

Since the thread is about a day old, they have not dyno'd with all three items. However, one guy posted the results from just ONE 35r with the SC and the difference between the torque curve with the SC on and OFF is just insane. On it makes 150 or 250 ft lbs of WTQ (can't remember which) at 2k RPM. :banana:

Yeah, better come with a 12 pack of new trannies - your gonna need 'em!

Oddly enough... The owner is not your typical "daddy's boy" ricer. This guy wants longevity. Apparently, the guy who engineers these systems will NOT do business with the "daddy's boy" crowd. I LOVE that.

At any rate, he IS using the stock tranny and, ready to get sick, STOCK BLOCK!!!

Well, I hate to say it SubieGal, CCR's got it's hands full to compete. I'll tell you what though. Since I'm such a nice guy, I will donate my SUS as your first test candidate. :brow:

I'm sorry guys, unless you can truly understand and admire what had to be done in order to make this possible, you really can't post a 10-hour hard-on time like me.:slobber: JK.

At any rate, I'm going to go see just how big the thread is now. Will post #'s if they have dyno'd the full system yet.

Lastly, I'm amazed and disappointed that all the info I read around here stated that a supercharger ALONE would blow your engine, and that there had only been one person to successfully do it, and that required alot of custom fabbing.

For those interested, the supercharger is an AMG kit.

Oddly enough... The owner is not your typical "daddy's boy" ricer. This guy wants longevity. Apparently, the guy who engineers these systems will NOT do business with the "daddy's boy" crowd. I LOVE that.

At any rate, he IS using the stock tranny and, ready to get sick, STOCK BLOCK!!!

Well, I hate to say it SubieGal, CCR's got it's hands full to compete. I'll tell you what though. Since I'm such a nice guy, I will donate my SUS as your first test candidate. :brow:

I'm sorry guys, unless you can truly understand and admire what had to be done in order to make this possible, you really can't post a 10-hour hard-on time like me.:slobber: JK.

At any rate, I'm going to go see just how big the thread is now. Will post #'s if they have dyno'd the full system yet.

Lastly, I'm amazed and disappointed that all the info I read around here stated that a supercharger ALONE would blow your engine, and that there had only been one person to successfully do it, and that required alot of custom fabbing.

For those interested, the supercharger is an AMG kit.

I've looked for it once or twice after the fact, but I swear I saw a photo of Subaru showing a supercharged H6 at a car show from a coupla years ago. It had a VERY custom looking intake manifold!

I've looked for it once or twice after the fact, but I swear I saw a photo of Subaru showing a supercharged H6 at a car show from a coupla years ago. It had a VERY custom looking intake manifold!

The original Baja concept was shown as being Supercharged, but I think that was just an H4.

The engineer part of me thinks it cool how they managed to stick so much stuff on those engines and fit it under the hood :slobber:

The practical part of me reminds me that I paid less for my GL wagon than a single turbo on one of those probably cost, and it'll still do just as well, if not better, in the snow.