Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pugs are finally on, yay!!!!!! Watchout 56k

Alright, I had the afternoon off from school so I decided to finally mount my pugs. :brow:

dscn05592rn.jpg

they look pretty good online but they look 9999999% better in real life, I almost soiled myself they looked so good.

Now, I was alittle nervous about rubbing and I haven't had her out for a REAL test, but as far as I can see, rubbing hopefully WON'T be a problem. I have about 1.5 inches and even tho I haven't flexed it out yet, I am pretty sure the wheels would move up more than forward.

This is clearance in the back.

dscn05604nz.jpg

Another pic of clearance on other side:

dscn05623ll.jpg

Not worried at all about rubbing issues in the front:

dscn05638rs.jpg

If anyone is curious, the tires are 195/60/15 (24.2" diameter vs. 22.1" stock diameter) Nokian Hakkapaliitta 1's on the pug 15" flat eight spokes. Like I said, it looks SSSOOO good sitting in my driveway, I knew they would look good, but not this good!!!!:grin:

Let me know what you think!

Offset isn't too bad. In the front they don't stick out much more than like .5" from the fender. Hardly noticeable unless you are looking straightdown from above. Offset in the back is a little more, just still not bad at all. I just got back from a test run and the only time anything rubbed was in the front when I made a sharp turn but that was just rubbing the wheel well gaurd thingy. No rubbing in the back (yet):banana:

The only thing I REALLY need to do is bleed my brakes, stopping power has been severly diminished because my brakes are so weak. (Pedal sinks to the floor wicked bad).

Nice work, man! I've never seen that style pug on a Sube before, Lookin' awesome.

Offset isn't too bad. In the front they don't stick out much more than like .5" from the fender. Hardly noticeable unless you are looking straightdown from above. Offset in the back is a little more, just still not bad at all. I just got back from a test run and the only time anything rubbed was in the front when I made a sharp turn but that was just rubbing the wheel well gaurd thingy. No rubbing in the back (yet):banana:

The only thing I REALLY need to do is bleed my brakes, stopping power has been severly diminished because my brakes are so weak. (Pedal sinks to the floor wicked bad).

Nice work, man! I've never seen that style pug on a Sube before, Lookin' awesome.

Thanks. I did find out that I will probably need to trim off a little slice on both the fenders directly in front the the tires. With the added width of the tires, any tight-ish turn yields some rubbing. :( I'll get on that tomorrow . . .

same pugs i have.. with the 195/60/15's on mine they fit perfectly on my stock brat and do not rub anywhere.. it looks like they would but the offset is nice enough that they don't..

i have all 4 center caps though :brow: am going to tell people i got them off a ferrari.. since it has a lion for the logo on the center cap..:banana:

you'd be amazed at how many people never heard of a puegot, lol..

they fit perfectly on my stock brat and do not rub anywhere..

They don't even rub when you are turning sharply? Maybe brat suspension/wheel well shape is different but I know I will have to trim a little out of the front fender to eliminate rubbing when turning sharply.

dscn056316dy.jpg

There've been a few people who have done that. If you search around for it, you'll come across someone doing it.

Anybody thought of just drilling and tapping the existing hubs with new lugs to fit a honda or something? or is there not enough room to make a pattern that small?

i guess there maybe some strength issues.but iwouldnt think so.

Ok, so they do rub a bit in the front (enough to hear) when I turn sharply but I don't really want to cut the fenders (rust magnet). Will the tires be alright if they rub every now and then in the front or should I just bite the bullet and start trimming?

Ok, so they do rub a bit in the front (enough to hear) when I turn sharply but I don't really want to cut the fenders (rust magnet). Will the tires be alright if they rub every now and then in the front or should I just bite the bullet and start trimming?

I have had to trim every sube in the front with diff wheels. I used a dremel and then took vise grips and and bent the sharp edge under. Then I I just touched it up with primer and a bit of paint to keep it from rusting. Been over a year and no rust.

subyboard.jpg