Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new brake lines, but all different lenghts??

hello members..

i ordered some stainless steel goodridge brake lines and noticed something a little odd about the lines... each line (4 in total) is a little bit different in length and has a nut that seems to be at a different location on each line.

here is a pic of the items in question, the circled parts are at different lenghts on each line, as well as each line is a little different in length.

im sure its not a big deal but i just wanted some xpert advice :)

lines.jpg

-ali

• 1 year later...

Hi theflystyle, did you figure out how these brake lines install? I'm asking because I was thinking of getting these lines for my '00obw and '96 legacy. My guess on your issue is that you said the place made them themselves, so they probably didn't cut the lengths exactly the same.

Thanks for the info theflystyle. Yes I had a siezed caliper guide pin on the rear and the wheel got hoootttt so I'm checking over all the brakes now. That's what made me think about upgrading flex lines. For the '00obw I ordered stoptech front and rear lines since I was ordering rear rotors anyway. For the '96 I might try the goodridge when I do the rear drum to disc changeover.