Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Went to Harry's in Pennsburg and Allentown today

I was looking for parts for the wife's Rodeo, but I scouted the Subaru's as well.

Pennsburg:

Two 88 GL wagons. Both Maroon.

One was 5 speed dual range. Rear diff tag said 3.9, but didn't say LSD

One was Push Button 4wd auto. Couldn't make out the rear diff tag (covered in grime and I wasn't crawling today)

Both bodys were in OK shape. Rust, but no cancer that I saw. Some glass broken, but probably a full set between them. The 5 speed was SPFI. I couldn't get the hood up on the auto. Interiors were great and in average shape (no tears) but pretty dirty.

There may have been other EA82 cars, but not that I saw.

Many EJ22 Legacy sedans and one wagon. Most of them had body damage of some type, but more than one had a very clean looking engine. A mix of autos and 5 speeds.

No EA81 cars that I saw.

Allentown:

One Loyale wagon, FWD auto. Nothing special. Interior is trashed, lots of broken glass. Lots of rust.

One 88 Full Time 4wd auto Turbo sedan. There was a button on the console that said "Hold" so I imagine that is a center diff lock. Drive train looked to be entirely intact. Turbo and intake are still assembled, rear diff was there (couldn't make out the tag for the ratio), mustache bar was there, but unbolted, all four wheels were there as well. The Silver body was a complete rust bucket (holes entirely through in the trunk wells) but the "turbo triangles" were all there. Front glass is missing. The hood was painted black (to make it look like CF probably) and had holes/reinforcement discs from hood pins, but the pins were gone. Interior appolstery is not in great shape, but all plastic trim is there. Digi-dash is in tact (no idea if it works, though).

*Edit to Add*: The strut caps under the hood said "electronic height control" or something like that as well. Hadn't seen that before.

I saw one legacy, but it was in really bad shape and mostly stripped anyway.

As with Pennsburg, no EA81 cars.

It turns out that they didn't have what I came for anyway. I needed the power window regulator from the driver's door on a 94 Rodeo. There was one Rodeo between both yards, but it had manual windows and the driver's door was missing anyway. I ended up talking with the guy across the street at Kress and he is ordering one for me. It will be waiting when I return from my trip this week. So it wasn't a complete loss, someone left their swivel-head 3/8 ratchet with 6 inch extension and 19mm socket in the rodeo. Not bad for my $2 admission :grin:

I'm leaving tomorrow for Columbia, SC for the week, so I wouldn't be able to grab anything for anybody anyway, but I just wanted to let any one in the area know what's available since I was there.

Ed

Thanks!

If someone goes please post if you'll grab some parts for me and I'll pass along a short list.I'll gladly toss you some money and meet you for the parts if you're not too far from NJ/Philly or the northeast corner of PA.

The "Turbo triangles" sound like keepers,same for any good turbo EA82 axles.I could also use some good exhaust for the same.Need rear two pieces but would buy all if in great shape.That's good enough for now.If there's some good matching rubber on a good set of any type 13" wheels I'd like a set.

I went to new ringgold yesterday....nothing to speak of there. I really wasn't happy with the place either.

I scored (if you want to call it that) a lock that you put into an ea-81 gas door os that it is locking. I don't know if it was dealer installed or aftermarket but it fits great! Now I need to get a key made for it.