Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TMIC installed!!! Check it out!!!

I think instead of mounting it from the top and molding around where it goes over the two humps. Im going from the bottom so the bottom lip of the scoop is under the hood and then rivet it down and bold the gaps is with bondo. I think I may paint the inner part(inside the two humps) of the hood black and leave the sides dark blue. Hope it works out good! Also then I can run the WRX splitter to!!!

how is your bov plumbed? does it empty into the atmosphere or do you have it plumbed back in? i beleive the car runs better with it recirculating.

rllywgn

actually, there's a guy on the board that had an RX 3-door that had it vented to the atmosphere and he said he didn;t seem to have any problems with it. We'll find out when my RX gets on the road;)

Well we fabricated the pipe from turbo to intercooler out or a 2" u-bend and then the pipe from the intercooler to throttle body was a left over piece from a turbo kit laying around a local tuner shop!!! All and all it came together pretty well and yes it is a stock STI BPV and it is not recirculated into the intake. It seems to run okay but there is some studdering around 0 psi where the BPV is leaking a little but but once it boosts its solid with no studdering. Its worked oit really well and like I said it feels a lot better up in the RPM's. Thnaks for the feedback!!!

actually, there's a guy on the board that had an RX 3-door that had it vented to the atmosphere and he said he didn;t seem to have any problems with it. We'll find out when my RX gets on the road;)

I have never had a problem with my BOV venting to the atmosphere. So include me as one of those 'freaks' without any problems. :brow:

Nice clean looking intercooler setup BTW. :)

Just as a note, be careful about the height of your intercooler's hood scoop. My motor vehicle almost didn't let my RX pass since they said the high could not be more than 3". My scoop was 3" on the nose and the guy kept measuring again with a ruler, even going as far as asking one of his superiors about it. It had something to do with it being over 3" in height, it would be in the driver's view. Every state may be different.

I have never had a problem with my BOV venting to the atmosphere. So include me as one of those 'freaks' without any problems. :brow:

Nice clean looking intercooler setup BTW. :)

Just as a note, be careful about the height of your intercooler's hood scoop. My motor vehicle almost didn't let my RX pass since they said the high could not be more than 3". My scoop was 3" on the nose and the guy kept measuring again with a ruler, even going as far as asking one of his superiors about it. It had something to do with it being over 3" in height, it would be in the driver's view. Every state may be different.

My BOV is a 50/50, but its not plumbed fr recirc right now. There is a little off idle stumble, but I'm not sure that can be 100% blamed on the BOV.

Kevin, what does your DMV do for the STi.. I guarantee that big ol thing sticks up more than 3 inches.. or is it illegal to drive an STi (or any number of old chryslers for that matter) in your neck of the woods?

My motor vehicle almost didn't let my RX pass since they said the high could not be more than 3". My scoop was 3" on the nose and the guy kept measuring again with a ruler, even going as far as asking one of his superiors about it.

find a new shop in the boonies! :brow: