Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Insert Bad Language Here!! Over-reacting!!

.. Geesh if anything else could go wrong to my poor Loyale this winter (well alot more could go wrong so lets hope not) I JUST got nailed in the windshield with a stone and it now has a nice spider crack.I am going to get the repair kit in a few moments but if that doesnt work I will need a new windshield..which may be a problem having installed since my window frame is rusted and the only thing that keeps it from leaking is a ton of silicone!

Bad language bad language bad language!!!!

OK ..end rant

sorry to hear that - I picked up a rock last summer - the windshield repair kit did NOTHING to help me, and I used it as directed - the crack is below my line of vision, so I still pass the state inspection - good luck on repairing it, I hope it works out!!

I have repaired windshields before and done ,actually, a very good job. But never when it was this cold out. Well..I have the set-up sitting ..will let it go overnight and check it in the morning. If it doesnt hold I will be calling windshield places.I just adore this car so much and do everything in my power to keep it nice and I can admit...I always OVER_REACT when something happens to it.:grin: . Just ask moosens,subieman90,or LeakingOil...they will tell you how I feel about Bucky

.. Geesh if anything else could go wrong to my poor Loyale this winter (well alot more could go wrong so lets hope not) I JUST got nailed in the windshield with a stone and it now has a nice spider crack.I am going to get the repair kit in a few moments but if that doesnt work I will need a new windshield..which may be a problem having installed since my window frame is rusted and the only thing that keeps it from leaking is a ton of silicone!

Bad language bad language bad language!!!!

OK ..end rant

When my grandmother gets upset she always says "oh shucky darns!!"

As I look back on some of the things my brother and cousins did to cause her to say that I realize the "shucky darns" actually means something really bad. :brow:

I thought you were going to say someting bad happend to bucky???? Windshields aren't a biggie to me...I've bought 4 maybe in my life so far. If it isn't too bad let it go till spring then take the w/s out yourself and get some body work done...then have the glass wizard come out the next day and put a new one in for ya.

Shoot I thought you were going to say the valve covers were leaking oil or something...I know that guy that did them was slightly worried... *whisle* nothing to see here.... ;)

Take a deap breath and have a smoke....its all good!

I thought you were going to say someting bad happend to bucky???? Windshields aren't a biggie to me...I've bought 4 maybe in my life so far. If it isn't too bad let it go till spring then take the w/s out yourself and get some body work done...then have the glass wizard come out the next day and put a new one in for ya.

Shoot I thought you were going to say the valve covers were leaking oil or something...I know that guy that did them was slightly worried... *whisle* nothing to see here.... ;)

Take a deap breath and have a smoke....its all good!

Yeah I had some concerns about that guy doing my valve covers..but not as many as that chick trying to do the front brakes..she was pretty clueless.:lol: .

Actually I just priced a new windshield and its more than Tommys 2001 Toyota..ALOT more!! but that is with Safetylite. Hey Matt..you should know..even a scratch on Bucky is a big deal to me..LOL