Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wheel spicers on subaru loyale - Q + pic.

can someone tell me if i can put wheel spicers on subaru loyale without changing the nuts of the wheels?

those are my wheel's in the pic (my car) :

i want to add spicers , what do i need to do and which kind of spicers do i need , i'm willing to order from ebay, if you can give me a link for what i need , it will be greate.

thank you all.

moshe.

OK, you mean spacer, a spicer is the cross shape piece of the universal joints on a driveline.

On wheel spacers you should have at least some threads showing, two would be safe, more is better. Most spacers require either longer studs or bolts.

OK, you mean spacer, a spicer is the cross shape piece of the universal joints on a driveline.

Haha... that's the first thing I thought of when I read the post. I was thinking "how on earth would you add a Spicer joint to a wheel?"

But then it made sense.

You may not have to change the lug nuts themselves, but the studs may have to be changed depending on the width of the spacer. When I put spacers on my previous shop's Audi, we needed new lug bolts on the rear where we added 15MM spacers. The fronts which got only 5MM didn't need them. It'll all just depend on how wide you go.

I know u want spacers for those rims but i gotta ask why. That car looks great the way it is. Those rims are already out to the edge without hanging outside the bodylines.

I gotta agree with hatchsub ... also, remember that any time you use a spacer or even just a larger off-set wheel you run the risk of destroying wheel bearings ... I was told that 1/2" was the max I should ever go with spacers, and then my local metal fab guy talked me into just 3/8" ... I now have a different off-set wheels (converted to 6 lug) but many have used the off-set with the same tires I have now with good results ... so just be carefull ... if you go too far you will have more trouble than you bargined for ... just my two cents ...