Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check some online subaru dealers. 90-96 Legacy $29 MSRP and discount price at Subarupartsforyou.com. Other wires actually are discounted from MSRP.They are part of Dan Perkins Subaru in CT.. There are many such "divisions" of your local dealerships. Check out 1stsubaruparts.com on the west coast. Libert Subaru in NJ has another such operation. Ask for "discount parts" when they answer the phone.

pssst... this is all we do :)

sell wholesale OE, Genuine Subaru parts to the public

see:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

part number for

2.2 plug wire set: soa430Q118

shipping is just $7.25

shout with questions.

Jamie Thomas

email: Jamie at chaplins.com

http://www.subarugenuineparts.com

logo.gif

http://www.subiegal.com

OK I just checked some prices on brake work for my car and 1stSubaru parts is actually cheaper than my internet guys on the east coast and judging from SubieGal's website, Jamie is easier on the eye than the fellers at Perkins, so go west young man... wish I lived out west;)

pssst... this is all we do :)

sell wholesale OE, Genuine Subaru parts to the public

see:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

part number for

2.2 plug wire set: soa430Q118

shipping is just $7.25

shout with questions.

Jamie Thomas

email: Jamie at chaplins.com

www.subarugenuineparts.com

logo.gif

www.subiegal.com

our local subaru dealer quoted me this price for oem wires (2.2 obw). This seems very low to me. Is Subaru outsourcing their wire manufacturing, resulting in sub-standard quality? Or is this just a good deal?

Chances are that this is a price for Subaru of America plug wires. Subaru sells plenty of "SOA" parts as a lower-cost alternative to OEM parts.

i have no idea what you may be thinking?

but SOA parts ARE OEM parts... um.. yeah..

Jamie Thomas

Jamie at chaplins.com

logo.gif

www.subiegal.com

I'm sorry, Jamie, buts that's not "um.. yeah.." always the case. Take, for example, the spark plug wires for my 1999 Legacy GT or my wife's '98 Legacy Outback. The original spark plug wires that came on both of those 2.5 DOHC engines were red, and each plug wire carried a separate Subaru part number: 2 of the wires were the same number (22451AA750); the other two are (22452AA660) and (22452AA670). These are OEM Subaru part numbers---they exactly match original appearance and fit, and they're still available from Subaru--but they don't come as a set---they must be purchased separately. There is a Subaru of America plug wire set available for these vehicles as well, but their appearance and fit is NOT exactly the same as the originals. I wanted the ORIGINAL spark plug wires because they lasted over 100K miles the first time on both cars.

Perhaps there are some Subaru of America parts that are "OEM" ; I still maintain that most Subaru of America parts are a lower cost alternative (and sometimes the ONLY replacement part available from Subaru) to OEM.

I've been disappointed with SOA parts in the past---little stupid stuff like wiper blades that were plastic junk compared to the original factory blades, and BOTH tubes (upper and lower body colors) of SOA touch up paint that no-where near matched the original 1-year old finish on my wife's '98 Legacy Outback

Call me crazy if you like; but I'll stick with OEM Subaru part numbers (ones that don't begin with "SOA") whenever possible.

• 2 years later...