Ultimate Subaru Message Board

arrr she lives!! woohoo**WITH PICs PG 2**

scrap487

okay, so after about 3 weeks of sitting while I've been getting my lift on there, I got all the hoses taken care off, still trying to get off old stuck brake lines(correct size flare wrench rounded off the nut, and now I cant get the wrench off, can you believe that?). anyways the parking brake works fine at least. the one major thing I overlooked, is the wire that goes from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid/relay whatever, isnt long enough so when I dropped the engine 6" it disconnected and I wasted about half an hour trying to figure out why the thing wouldnt turn over.

anyways, havent driven it around the block yet, will shortly. the camber is still all messed up, but we'll see what it looks like once I drive it a little bit, also I got a bit too much toe in also, so that leads me to believe that it will be fine once my suspension settles a little bit. not gonna worry too much about it untill I get new tires.

pics tonight... soooo psyched about this...

okay, so after about 3 weeks of sitting while I've been getting my lift on there, I got all the hoses taken care off, still trying to get off old stuck brake lines(correct size flare wrench rounded off the nut, and now I cant get the wrench off, can you believe that?). anyways the parking brake works fine at least. the one major thing I overlooked, is the wire that goes from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid/relay whatever, isnt long enough so when I dropped the engine 6" it disconnected and I wasted about half an hour trying to figure out why the thing wouldnt turn over.

anyways, havent driven it around the block yet, will shortly. the camber is still all messed up, but we'll see what it looks like once I drive it a little bit, also I got a bit too much toe in also, so that leads me to believe that it will be fine once my suspension settles a little bit. not gonna worry too much about it untill I get new tires.

pics tonight... soooo psyched about this...

Sweet, looking forward to the pics. What size/type of rubber are you going to be running on it?

Sweet, looking forward to the pics. What size/type of rubber are you going to be running on it?

6" lift, probably 30x9.5x15 BFG M/Ts, I want to get superswampers, but they dont have the size I'm looking for in a tire that will last worth a darn on the street.

I had to do some exhaust wrestling on my wagon after I lifted it. The system was off a different ea81 wagon and didn't want to fit. A crow bar, a couple bleeding knuckles and a dictionary full of swear words later and it fits. :lol:

Now I have rewire the fuel pump in time for the get together on the 11th. :banghead:

ok, vice grips made in china = HORRIBLE... I finally got my brake lines on, ended up having to cut the old ones(duh) and pull out it out with the hardline that goes to the rear cylinders and stick that sucker on my vice with some vice grips. after I took the vice grips off, the jaws didnt line up any more, one stuck out about a half inch further than the other one. I guess its worth the $30 for some good american made vice grips vs the harbor freight chinese ones for like $4.

... if I cant get the exhaust on in another hour I'm taking the thing to an exhaust shop

ok here are a couple pics, more later when I get it back together(and driving around the block... enjoy :-)

oh yeah, these are the tires that came with the rims, they are 31x10.50x15s, they are a perfect fit, I'm pretty sure if I wanted to I could fit 33x11.50x15s pretty easy, but I think I'm gonna go with some 31 inch bfgs or swampers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3424&stc=1

post-16176-136027605978_thumb.jpg

You should have to BFH and trim the fenders... trust me. They may not rub now... but flex it a bit and I am sure it will.

Looks great though :drunk:

yeah, I moved it around a little bit, I'm gonna cut up the front fenders tomorrow. but really, its PERFECT in the back.

Damn scrap, looking good. Question...why'd I give you an engine? Do you have another car or is the one in this car crap? ( I don't regret or anything, just curious)

the one in my car is OK, I just want a project to work on to build it up. if you want it back you can have it cause I've realized its not a project I'm gonna get around to till this summer.