Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spfi Ea81

kingbobdole

Ok... Before... When Rick the Ghetto MASTER had it the motor looked like this:

100_0228.jpg

Now I have it, its slightly less Ghetto:

100_0309.jpg

The conversion went fairly well except for the small issues I had due to being lazy mostly... I did redo the dizzy and got a file on the one end so that I could actually bolt it down:

100_0303.jpg

Then I went to autozone to get some new vac hose due snapping one on the EGR valve solenoid and a fancy Ricer-lucious Air filter so it would fit in the limited space provided... sounds beefy:

100_0310.jpg

The ECU is only kinda held where its sitting... a long bolt in the rear keeps the pooling water off the ECU and makes it sit levelish:

100_0311.jpg

The EGR and canester solenoid are also just chillin':

100_0313.jpg

The other side shows that I had to run the harness behine the TB:

100_0314.jpg

Heres the fuel pump... I took the stock mount a cut one of the bolts off it... then rebolted the new one one... this was SOOOOO easy... Not lack of bolts holding the mount in... someone else sheared them off:mad::

100_0322.jpg

Still need a solution here:-\

100_0312.jpg

The rest of the pics can be had Here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a190/kingbobdole/BRAT/

I also didnt get an O2 in it yet... really need to.. its snowing currently and that makes the efi unhappy... car purrs like a kitten but hesitates bad... as far as power goes... It feels very fast for the brat... much faster then the carb, but its been so long since I've driven it... I can tell you its faster then my Station Wagn' :burnout:But then again... whats not?:-\ I have a video of it running but have dial up... maybe Noss can save me.:brow:

And starting..... NOW! its for sale for sure... I'll put it on Ebay when I get the O2 into it.

Hey...

Due to overwhelming responce to the want for a parts list:

look up snowmans SPFI EA82 conversion. As far as parts goes, find a nice loyale, 90s stuff is easier to do.

Pull: Intake manifold with sensors, harness, TB, MAF the works...

Fuel pump with harness and mount

Fusable link

The computer...

The dizzy...

I think thats all...

You should get new o2 sensor and intake man gaskets and fuel filter... you also need PCV hoses and fuel line, cap and rotor for the dizzy and the like....

Snowman says to get the entire computer harness, but I prefer the custom way, so I build my own to suit my needs.

I totally recommend it!

Snowmans:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28620&highlight=ea81%20spfi%20conversion

Good luck everyone... and once again, Snowman rocks.

Truck runs a billion times better with an O2 BTW!

fine it's lowerd and the shift knob is backward to i know phil's car could smoke mine and duh your rx could smoke mine i just like sleepers thats all i got nothing against phils car i hope mine ios that fast someday but i can poke at his wing the same way he can poke at my exhaust for now -tease-

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:banana:

How is my "wing" so "huge"? Its a stock Rx wing.... its not like its metal and four feet off the car....

Louvers are not rice either...they are PIMP... camaros with louvers are not rice just because they have louvers.

If my car is rice its for one of two reasons

A. its lowered incorrectly (aka. a stock BMW M5 is not rice just cuz its lowered) But that will be fixed thanks to my new coilovers. coilovers > cut springs:headbang:

And B. its krylon yellow... but it came that way and its look was rather low on the list.. but I'tll have one color of paint for the next meet...

Def: Rice- 1. Modding a car in a rigged or incorrect, non-quality way. See: Ghetto

2. a tasty snack

If you're gonna call my car rice, at least know why it is, now stop hi-jacking my SPFI thread!

hijack.gif

now stop hi-jacking my SPFI thread!

hijack.gif

Wheres the Jeff repelant?

jeffhead.jpg

RWARG!

Anyhoo, I got the alt in today and it seems to be doing much better... I'll drive it around a bit and see... plus my old "Blue and Gold" alt is now for sale as well... stock, just painted it seems... The less painted crap on this truck the better it looks.

alts.jpg

newbratalt.jpg

• 1 month later...

Congrats on s successful swap. :clap: It is much better than the carb. And you swap looks 100 times better than mine. The only problem I had was hitting the rev limiter all the time while I was trying to climb up rocks. But otherwise I loved the SPFI swap, it was good stuff. Mine was pretty ghetto too. Especially how I rigged the disty to be adjustable and I flipped the Idle control valve around so I could adjust the disty more.

I cut the disty tabs off completely :banghead: so I just hose clamped some L brackets inplace on the disty and it worked like a charm. Look at the pic and laugh. I wasn't planning on keeping the swap for too long just wanted to see if I could make it work. I am working on EJ22 swap now, needed more power.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=11075&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=11185

Later

just so you all know you CANT! use the EA81t dist. it has no crank angle sensor pickup in it, the SPFI dist. is like all the hotwire mass air flow engines it just has a disc and a pickup in it and no vacume advance the computer works the rest. it is best to use the dist. from the same wiring harness beacuse there were slight plug difrences over the years .