Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Support a great cause!!!

Numbchux

I think this fits best here in the offroad section, since It's an offroad event....but it's raising money for MS, so it might be better placed in OT. Mods: move it if you feel necessary....

anyway....once again, I'll be running the Crawl 4 the Cure ( www.crawl4cure.org ) as many of you might remember, MorganM and I went last year, and had great success! IIRC, we raised somewhere around $10k!!

This year, Morgan will be coming again, but in his new rig: a Zuk Samaurai....

since my wagon is dead, I bought his old wagon, and will be running it

long story short: I would like to ask as many of you as can/would like to help. to do so. any donation will help, I do accept paypal, and any donation over $20, I will pay the paypal fees!

I'm working with buddies to raise as much as possible, but the requirement is $200 per person....

pm me for info on donating (paypal addy, home addy if you'd like to send a check)

ALSO: donations are tax deductable if allowed in your area....I can fill out a receipt and mail it to you upon request

my mom has MS.... and like I told Morgan last year...

THANK YOU!!

you're very welcome! My mom has MS too, so I've done everything I could to do this!

singletrack, my engine seized a few weeks back, and I don't have time for an EJ swap now, and I don't want to rebuild and install an engine that'll be taken out for an EJ22 in 2 months.....so it'll rest until summer, but then, it will rise again!

• 4 weeks later...

just a little reminder....

I collected about $50 from some of my local MNSubaru members last weekend :clap:

So Austin and I were thinking of putting together a small DVD of our little day trip we took up there last year (the one where his wagon was floating.....you know the one), and selling it for $15 or so a piece. and putting the profits towards the Crawl. or even donating the materials personally and putting everything as a donation. would anyone be interested in this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

don't think there's going to be a DVD this year, but I'll plan on it for next, just not enough footage or time this year (mostly because the only good footage I have, is Austins, and I don't actually have it....).

BUT, I just hit the $400 mark today, anyone here want to contribute?! if I win anything in the raffle, I'll offer it up to you people first (but it'll probably be for jeeps...)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this can be unstickied now...thanks! also, if a mod would add "the aftermath" or something to the title, since the event happened already...that'd be great (origional post is too old, I can't edit it)

anyway...we went, and had an awesome time. KickAsssFlash brought his YJ, I brought the Poopenvagen, and MorganM brought the Kia (unfortunately, he was having severe problems with the carb on his samurai, and didn't have legal tow points on the bumpers, so he ended up hitching rides throughout the park).

one of the guys' wife sewed the letters MS Crawl 4 the Cure on his spare tire carrier on his YJ....WAY cool:

PICT1353Small.jpg

KAF's YJ did really awesome, the stuff we took of it on the same trails as me just look boring, so here's a couple more extreme ones.

this trail's called pucker point, I tried it...and spent so much time teetering on 2 wheels, that I ended up getting dragged through most of it:

PICT1362Small.jpg

The Gorge Rock crawl, Morgan took the poopenvagon through the first part of this last year, but I didn't dare do it again this year, with all the rust that has formed on it since then:

PICT1391Small.jpg

and then some playing in the water:

PICT1413Small.jpg

PICT1416Small.jpg

all in all, we had a blast, taking the doors off was the best idea I've ever had!!! WOW, totally worth getting soaked with iron ore water, SOOO much easier to see when on the rocks.

unfortunately, we had a smaller turnout this year....not sure why, hopefully it doesn't turn into a trend. but nonetheless, we'd raised just shy of $20k BEFORE the auction sunday night. so we'll probably be similar to last years 21.

also, we got a ton of video, so hopefully there will be a DVD of KAF and I at the last 2 events up there.

damage:

mangled passenger side control arm/radius rod

mangled driver side radius rod mount

ripped 2 skidplate bolts out of the radiator support, and sheered off a 3rd before removing the fourth (bigger, custom plate, not the stock one.)

knocked the cat-back off, once each day

flat tire, turned out to just be crap in the valve, still holding

bent center driveshaft carrier

tweaked rear crossmember lift blocks

bump since the un-sticky-ing....

and, I just finished editing the video from the weekend....a full 40-minutes worth. so I'm going to edit the stuff we took on May 20 together, and should be able to put out a full hour and 15 minute (or so...) DVD. coming to a mailbox near you (hopefully).

I'm thinking I might do a limited run now, and then make them available for a donation for next years event. maybe with anything else we take this year.