Ultimate Subaru Message Board

*Kiwi accent* "HEy! is that your Brumby?"

I just LOVE my brat :headbang: I was just getting done doing some plumbing at the church building yesterday and Eric, a guy from New Zealand that is going to the local University (and our "college" study group) happened to be there and saw me putting back my tools in the brat and asked "Hey .. is that your Brumby? Some guys just came here to take pictures of it!" :burnout: He's a kewl guy ... he tells people (because of his accent) "I don't come with sub-titles, so sorry if you have a hard time understanding me .." :-p

Well, anyway, it was neat having my Brat called a Brumby :cool: I wonder how hard it would be to get some "Brumby" vinyl graphics for my car ... that would really make people here in the states curious :brow:

Anyone know what the first gen brats were called over here?

I get people chatting to me about the almighty brumby power etc etc, When the only identification on my '81 is 4wd, Subaru. The model its registered as is simply '1800'.

Sorry about the Hi-Jack

WEren't they called like MPV or something to that effect?

As far as I know there Brumbies. 70's or 80's, all Brumbies.

Although my 89 Brumby doesn't have any thing on/in it that has brumby written on it, it just says "Subaru Pick-up Truck" on the compliance plate. I like Brat better personally, it sounds tougher.

As far as I know there Brumbies. 70's or 80's, all Brumbies.

Although my 89 Brumby doesn't have any thing on/in it that has brumby written on it, it just says "Subaru Pick-up Truck" on the compliance plate. I like Brat better personally, it sounds tougher.

:lol: that's TOO funny!! I think that "brumby" sounds alot tougher ... I mean, when I think of "brat" I imagine a whinney little kid that is throwing a fit ... and doesn't "brumby" mean a wild horse?

WEren't they called like MPV or something to that effect?

I think you are refrerring to "MV". I have seen this designation used in the UK for Brumbies. It's possible MV referred to early Brumby and MY to later Brumby - I am unsure.

:lol: that's TOO funny!! I think that "brumby" sounds alot tougher ... I mean, when I think of "brat" I imagine a whinney little kid that is throwing a fit ... and doesn't "brumby" mean a wild horse?

Correct - Brumbies are wild horses. They are in Australia anyways. I agree - I think Brumby is a better name. A curious name.. "Brat" - Wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Having said that I prefer "Legacy" to Australia's "Liberty".

I think you are refrerring to "MV". I have seen this designation used in the UK for Brumbies. It's possible MV referred to early Brumby and MY to later Brumby - I am unsure.

Correct - Brumbies are wild horses. They are in Australia anyways. I agree - I think Brumby is a better name. A curious name.. "Brat" - Wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Having said that I prefer "Legacy" to Australia's "Liberty".

Yeah, "Brat" isn't really a BAD name, just not a tough sounding name (IMO) ... and it lends to things like "Oh! what a CUTE lil brat youy have ..." :eek::rolleyes::lol: (that is untill you take the SAME parking space as their Honda Civic) "Oh, sorry I didn't see it there...." :D:drunk:

The were sold as an MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle) in certain countries.

The were sold as an MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle) in certain countries.

Kewl! I will have to see if I can find some pics of graphics like that and have them made ... or maybe I will just make some stencils and then paint them and if they get scratched off, I can just spray them on again :brow::drunk:

wernt they imported as RV's in the US? Brumby has a wosie sound to it, thats all. Brats a more harsh sounding word. I don't really mind. I don't like a few of the people on AUSubaru so I hang out here more, thats why I refer to it as the Brat. makes it easier to newbies to understand.

wernt they imported as RV's in the US? Brumby has a wosie sound to it, thats all. Brats a more harsh sounding word. I don't really mind. I don't like a few of the people on AUSubaru so I hang out here more, thats why I refer to it as the Brat. makes it easier to newbies to understand.

I've got it!! I'll get something made that says "MPV Brute" I think "Brute" sounds best of all :headbang:

No bids on it, this time around.. if i was a little closer to Lawrence, I'd gone and picked it up for a future project i think. Although i already have my next project lined up :-\

Looks like Rob from Cromwell auto recyclers made an unsuccessful bid on it.....