Ultimate Subaru Message Board

15 inch spare??

You can use them and you could put a 205/60/15 on it. That is a maybe. I have heard that those spares are made out of another type of metal and will not hold up to much abuse. The get bent up a lot. A 185/75/15 would be a better choose. I would say just save up and go buy Pug rims. I am running the 205/60/15 Pug rims and had to do a little fender trimming in the back and stiffen up my springs to stop them from hitting the fenders. Just my $.02.:)

You can use them and you could put a 205/60/15 on it. That is a maybe. I have heard that those spares are made out of another type of metal and will not hold up to much abuse. The get bent up a lot. A 185/75/15 would be a better choose. I would say just save up and go buy Pug rims. I am running the 205/60/15 Pug rims and had to do a little fender trimming in the back and stiffen up my springs to stop them from hitting the fenders. Just my $.02.:)
hey thanks man, i dont plan on wheeling it much, as i have a rock buggy, but i do want to add a larger tire to reduce rpms at freeway speeds.they should hold up ok fo this right? and as for the pug rims, i want em, where can i get em? steel preferably, thanks!

Most tire shops won't mount regular tires on t-type rims, at least not around here. Plus, as has been said, they are a light gauge steel, with a very low weight capacity. They are designed to be the bare minimum that will support the car for 50 miles, and not take up too much room or weight in the car.

Going to the root of your quest, it sounds like you want to increase mileage or get more top end by going with bigger tires. Neither is likely to happen with bigger tires because the Subaru 1.8 (especially N/A) just doesn't have enough power to drive the box through the wind at high speed. You will find that you're running in a lower gear at freeway speed and it will pretty much be a wash.

I dont have experiance running on the spare tire rims, but I know of some people who do, and they dont have any problems with them. a spare tire rim will work for as long as you want it to, they are designed so they can get you home or to a tire shop or wherever safely, and if they can do that, the length of time that you run them isnt going to matter. they ARE however not as strong as the stock rims, and they will dent and stuff more easily but odds are you are not gonna get stranded cause of it unless you were doing something extreme to start off with. I can't and won't say you should run with spare tire rims, only because I dont want to run the risk of feeling responsible for anything wrong that should happen, so run them at your own risk. Albie out at AA runs the spare rims with 29" swampers and he abuses the hell out of them.. one of them is bent, but it still drives fine.

I dont have experiance running on the spare tire rims, but I know of some people who do, and they dont have any problems with them. a spare tire rim will work for as long as you want it to, they are designed so they can get you home or to a tire shop or wherever safely, and if they can do that, the length of time that you run them isnt going to matter. they ARE however not as strong as the stock rims, and they will dent and stuff more easily but odds are you are not gonna get stranded cause of it unless you were doing something extreme to start off with. I can't and won't say you should run with spare tire rims, only because I dont want to run the risk of feeling responsible for anything wrong that should happen, so run them at your own risk. Albie out at AA runs the spare rims with 29" swampers and he abuses the hell out of them.. one of them is bent, but it still drives fine.
thanks guys, ill mount one up at work today, i work at a tire shop, i just wanna see what el fit on em, but i will continue my search for pug wheels

thanks guys, ill mount one up at work today, i work at a tire shop, i just wanna see what el fit on em, but i will continue my search for pug wheels

Seeing as you work at a tire shop, then you should know that mounting a tire that goes on a 5-7 inch wheel should not be mounted on a 4 inch wheel.

Corvails I can't spell. But somewhere like that in Oregon has pug rums so I've heard at a junk yard. It was talked about in other threads. Check the off road section. That is were I saw them.

well i put 215 70 15s on it today, they fit well, with no lift, rub a little on fast big bumps, but ill lift it a lil soon, still looking for pug rims if yall got some

Corvails I can't spell. But somewhere like that in Oregon has pug rums so I've heard at a junk yard. It was talked about in other threads. Check the off road section. That is were I saw them.

It was at Loops Auto Salvage.

All the Pugs are gone...:mad: