Ultimate Subaru Message Board

holley weber 2bbl ... anyone put one on a subie?

I'm curious if anyone has had sucess finding adaptor plates and such for this carb (or am I just not realizing it's a DGAV 32/36 under a differant name?) I'm wanting to put one on a EA-81 ... here's the link to the site selling the carbs (from a previous post... and yes, I already searched for this info and haven't found this ;) )

http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/acartpro/addprod.asp?productid=149

when all else fails......make your own:drunk:

yes, but then I could just go get a JY carb about the right size and J-B weld it to my manifold too ... but I'm looking for something with support and bolt-on ... I have a friend that tells me to just find an old pinto carb, but I like my 32/36 weber ... if I can have similar results with the holley weber as my 32/36, then I will buy one ... I don't need more "make it work" projects that's what my other brat is for :drunk:

The 5200 has the same bolt pattern - in fact it is almost the same carb as it was licensed from Weber by holly. It's actually a DFAV not a DGAV, but both have the same mounting pattern. They are basically mirror images of one another. EXCEPT the 5200 has much smaller venturi's. So basically it will bolt on in place of the DGAV, but with the same basic power as the stock Hitachi. Easier to tune and work on, but not at all desireable from a performance standpoint. Stick with the DGV series.

GD

The 5200 has the same bolt pattern - in fact it is almost the same carb as it was licensed from Weber by holly. It's actually a DFAV not a DGAV, but both have the same mounting pattern. They are basically mirror images of one another. EXCEPT the 5200 has much smaller venturi's. So basically it will bolt on in place of the DGAV, but with the same basic power as the stock Hitachi. Easier to tune and work on, but not at all desireable from a performance standpoint. Stick with the DGV series.

GD

DOH!! thx for the info!! I don't want to get the same performance as a Hi-tossy ... maybe I will dink around with the one in it and see if I can get it to function ... last guy had it appart but I have no idea if it was even properly cleaned ... any particular kits or mods to make a Hi-tossy livable? I just junked the one on my '85 brat because it had more problems that it was worth, after re-building it I realized buying a DGV 32/36 was cheaper than chasing all the problems with the Hi-tossy