Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Super Swampers******Mounted******

soobmater

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it is a matter of driver preferance, and conditions, but for the most part, especiallly in the case of subarus, wider tires are a bad thing. mostly just more stuff to push around....my vote would be what you're getting... also...did you get different rims? I thought you were running 15" alloys?

Don't quote me, but I have been told that the TSL's are tougher than the SSR's too, so if you do the TSL's and have them balance them with the equal powder instead of lead weights, I think you will be happiest ... I only let them use the powder now that I have tried it ... it's really great, no problem with flat spots un-ballancing the tire either :headbang:

I've heard great things about this, improves traction in virtually every condition, and helps reduce heat, and therefore wear, on road

that's what I heard too.... and it makes sense if I think about the snow tires I have on my xt6... it's like they ARE super swampers or mud tires of some type.. except the thick lugs are slit into a bunch of "flaps" hanging off the tire... hard to describe, but it seems like it would be hard to beat traction wise (I wouldn't go nearly as deep with the slits in the lugs as my snow tires though, as that would probably INCREASE wear on pavement)

well, it is a matter of driver preferance, and conditions, but for the most part, especiallly in the case of subarus, wider tires are a bad thing. mostly just more stuff to push around....my vote would be what you're getting... also...did you get different rims? I thought you were running 15" alloys?

ya, i have a spare set of 14 inch pugs in my garadge ima use. one of the main things i wanted tsl's for, is price. 85ish dollars a tire is a great price. since i will still have my all terrains, i'll swap back and forth every once and a while, to make them last a little longer. Should i get them siped? i figured i would? but i've heard it can rip little pieces of the tire out.. i like the ssr's to scott,but i think im going to go with tsl's, cheaper :)

yeah... bias tsls are strong than the ssrs... personally I'm gonna go with the LTBs :-)

LTB's look really sick! but smallest size is 31's. how u gona fit them? t-cased and bigger lift??

but anyway, i think i will get them siped then noah, probably not the second after i get them, but real quick like.

31s will fit easy i have the right rims for them, only tool you need is a bfh, and actually I think my school has one of those air hammers :banana:

if you have been following the build of my subaru, the tires I have on there now are 31x10.50, 31x11.50 swampers WILL fit with the use of a hammer. there wont be any issue of it rubbing on the strut. also as far as gearing goes, is a 4 speed d/r, and i've driven my soob around a little bit, and I havent had any problems. I dont think the 31x11.50 will rub on the struts, but if they do my wheel studs are long enough I can safely put a big enough spacer in there to take care of the problem.

btw, 108$ for a 31x11.50x15 LTB sure beats 143$ for a 30x10.50x15 tsl. if I need to do more work to make it fit, its worth the saved money for me.

31s will fit easy i have the right rims for them, only tool you need is a bfh, and actually I think my school has one of those air hammers :banana:

if you have been following the build of my subaru, the tires I have on there now are 31x10.50, 31x11.50 swampers WILL fit with the use of a hammer. there wont be any issue of it rubbing on the strut. also as far as gearing goes, is a 4 speed d/r, and i've driven my soob around a little bit, and I havent had any problems. I dont think the 31x11.50 will rub on the struts, but if they do my wheel studs are long enough I can safely put a big enough spacer in there to take care of the problem.

btw, 108$ for a 31x11.50x15 LTB sure beats 143$ for a 30x10.50x15 tsl. if I need to do more work to make it fit, its worth the saved money for me.

you've also got a 6" lift, instead of just 4"...strut clearance isn't the issue on EA82's....body clearance is... Noah's got swampers on his DL, I'm sure he'll post a pic before too long

Anybody checked out the TSL/SX line?

I'm still interested in the 31x1350s. Be especially nifty for the conditions around me.. sugar sand up to your knees. :eek:

Theres also 30x1150s in that line. Smaller overall diameter, but got that extra width to float. Since I'm a cheap bastard, this would probably be the route I take when I get the money moving again to upgrade.

172.99 and 111.99 respectively, at 4wpw.