Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru RX Type RA?

Well, its the fastest EA82T RX...so therefor its Type R! :banana:

fastest rx huh. how do you know there is Corkys old one that im shure is running around somewhere.....who knows how fast it is..:grin:

He said fastest EA82T RX out there.

-Brian

Someone needs to graponto some reading.

So what is this suppose to mean then????

Since i have such a large abundance of EJxxx engine parts(EJ205's, EJ22E's, EJ251's, EJ257's), and a lack of EA82 engine parts...I am temporarily going to the N/A Super WJM EJ22E for a limited time...then to an EJ257 hybrid (EJ205 heads, stock USDM EJ257 shortblock, VF39, AWIC, MS-EMS)....during the EJ era of my RX, the most ultimate EA82T will be built.

what is the body code for the subaru rx coupe? i have always used the coupe ea82t designation. I would love to build up an old subaru engine later on in life but i think a STI motor would not be bad for my younger years.

A11-56B.

sorry if i cant read i went to private school:lol:

and as to the ea82 ultimate build up.... well

WELL THERE IS NOTHING ULTIMATE ABOUT AN EA82T unless your the mechanic getting paid to work on it............

(*&( IN s*&^ OUT....

shure they can be made fast for a time but can they stay together. well doubtfull as none have so far........ anyway happy valitiens day(how that for spelling):headbang:

sorry if i cant read i went to private school:lol:

and as to the ea82 ultimate build up.... well

WELL THERE IS NOTHING ULTIMATE ABOUT AN EA82T unless your the mechanic getting paid to work on it............

(*&( IN s*&^ OUT....

shure they can be made fast for a time but can they stay together. well doubtfull as none have so far........ anyway happy valitiens day(how that for spelling):headbang:

Somone is smoking something strong today.

See, it takes a few major players to make the EA82T work past 200 whp reliably...and I cant keep wasting engines pushing them over that and blowing headgaskets on them...so, the EA82 is taking a rest while'st I build it and get the proper parts for it...while'st the EJ takes its place for the time being.

Reason I dont post about it here anymore: No one cares.

Sorry WJM to be down on the ea82t, i guess im not the mechanic you are or dont see the potental. i guess it could probably be built to awsome power 300hp or somthing(like the all out ozzy one) but every time i work on one i just think to myself what a pile of junk,,,, as for your further endevers i will read about them on the board and will enjoy them...

anyway good luck,,,,,

cool, thanks for the chassis code. such a random number compared to the others but i think its cool. i think its true about the statement about any engine can be made into a decent powerhouse for its size, but for a college student who has the ability to potentially get a put in a RA drivetrain, well....y not? then i can work on the other field, tuning the ultimate rx's driver's skills :brow:

See, it takes a few major players to make the EA82T work past 200 whp reliably...and I cant keep wasting engines pushing them over that and blowing headgaskets on them...so, the EA82 is taking a rest while'st I build it and get the proper parts for it...while'st the EJ takes its place for the time being.

he's right..

you need Pistons, Rods, and Head Gaskets, along with some SERIOUS head work to make them flow something respectable.

Pistons are going to be a grand

Rods will be half that

Head Gaskets will be zillions!

With the amount of EJ parts that are lieing around in people shops, and the amount of parts that get thrown out, you could easily build 12 EJ's for the price of a proper EA motor.

PLus you'd make the same, if not more HP

Im going to officially annonce retirement of the EA82 series and ER27 from WJM Rallye Sport service...

Reason:

"Not cost effective"

:lol: Man, I've been saying that all along. Dollar for dollar it is far cheaper to get more hp out of an EJ series engine then an EA series engine. Glad you have seen the light, welcome to raw power.

As for 'old gen' getting these conversion, there is one running around Western Washington that I had a small hand in getting running, it is an EA82 Turbo Wagon with a 96 STI engine (275hp), tranny and rear diff. It is my understanding that he plans to use it as his daily driver.

That should cut down on his commute time!

:lol: Man, I've been saying that all along. Dollar for dollar it is far cheaper to get more hp out of an EJ series engine then an EA series engine. Glad you have seen the light, welcome to raw power.

It has not been until recently that I have been able to have the EJ resources that I have now...

It used to be I had my choice of ~4 ready to drop in EA82's at any given moment...with 1 of them going to JWX...one eating oil and locking up for no reason...the other stripping block threads...and this last one that i overheated...nothing left. During that time I had aquired several EJ22E's, EJ257's and some EJ205's...and an abundance of odds and ends parts bits and peices to build ~3 complete EJxxx longblocks. Now I lack intake manifolds for the DOHC and SOHC phase 2 engines.

WJM, great article in SubieSport, so far I've just glanced through it, but I will get around to reading every word. Too bad that is now history.

Thanks.

I have yet to grap onto a copy...lol

Fortunatly for that story tho...I will have one last EA82 to play with...its in sad shape now, but....in time...:devil:

Well there will always be the EA EJ debate in some form or another in here.

Here in Ohio I still do not have a lot of access to EJ parts/engines without shipping, and wouldn't have access to many EA parts had I not been accumulating them over time. EA parts are still far far cheaper for me to aquire here than any EJ parts would be, at least for the time being.

As I've been doing my own little bits of planning and research, the EJ is capable of making more HP dollar for dollar if I could source parts and engines locally, which I cannot. However, the where the EA really shines for me atm is local parts availability and it is quite a bit cheaper to get HP per liter out of them. This is counting things that I have locally like deck plates/machine setup for the EA engines, cheaper crank and camshaft rework prices, lower internal part count, etc. Doing a 'similar buildup' between an EA and EJ, the EA would be hundreds of dollars in the black, but would still make less overall HP (better HP/liter/dollar thou)

The local shop I am working with have done ~300chp on the stock crank and rods (EA81), so as long as engines are properly built they seem to have no trouble. They have also not had any rash of headgasket failure on either EA engine oddly enough. Granted these guys are some very knowledgable and experienced builders some with 20-30+ years of experience. They recently within the past 2-3 years have started developing more on the EA82 because of the large cost savings to get the same or better HP without custom designed heads at the cost of a marginal weight disadvantage, when compared with their defacto EA81.

The EJ is an awesome platform and it is the future, but I wouldn't count the old ones out as completely dead just yet. At least not for everyone in every location. yet. ;)

I'd like to see that article, unfortunately I didn't renew my SS. At least that issue would have been worth it.