Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weird clicking on front of gl

It doesn't seem to do it when i am turning just at a spot around 2.5-3 rpm's when i am pushing or releasing the pedal a little bit

Sorry i am not that great w/ cars.. and do not know the difference between a cv and inner double offset if it helps it is only front wheel...

and do not know the difference between a cv and inner double offset if it helps it is only front wheel...

There are two CV (constant velocity, as opposed to a universal joint) joints on each axle, the outer one (closest to the wheel) is just referred to as a cv, but the inner one (attaches to the gearbox) can also be referred to as a double offset joint, since as well as allowing angular displacement, it also allows linear displacement - ie you can push the axle in or out of it.

Might be loose ball joints or bushings - jack up the wheel (securely, of course!) and try to move the wheel/hub assembly back/forward etc (a pry bar helps). If it moves, see if you can see what joint is moving.