Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ARGH!! Found IT..

Ok... I was going to give up... Just get another Subaru... (05 WRX) I get to the dealership... and I find out why my Ru was missing and why I was loosing water... The hose directly above the waterpump was bad.. and spraying every were so now Its a matter of getting in there and fixing it... so I'm going back to my K-Car for a little while...

this sucks.... I was hoping to have a wrx.. but its nice not having to have a car payment...

Ok... I was going to give up... Just get another Subaru... (05 WRX) I get to the dealership... and I find out why my Ru was missing and why I was loosing water... The hose directly above the waterpump was bad.. and spraying every were so now Its a matter of getting in there and fixing it... so I'm going back to my K-Car for a little while...

this sucks.... I was hoping to have a wrx.. but its nice not having to have a car payment...

Seems like an hour and some heater hose and you'd be good to go... or am I missing something? :cool:

If you are talking about the 90* hose from water pump to heater supply tube that runs under the intake manifold, I found an alternate replacement. Subaru parts are hard to find in my area, so I did some research.

A Gates #28446 hose will fit with some trimming. Here's a pic of the 2 hoses.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/TomRhere/White%2086%20BRAT/oldandnewhoseforheater.jpg