Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX radio into GL-10...what do I need for a harness?

I purchased a 6 disc CD changer/AM/FM/cassette from an '02 WRX off eBay, and I'd like to put it into my GL-10--BUT--I don't have the connector for the back of the radio (obviously the one in the GL-10 is different), nor do I have (or can I find) a pinout. There is nothing that comes out of the back of the unit, only a space for the harness that's built into the car to plug in--and I was told by the dealer that it would be a $125 part as the entire dashboard wiring harness for that year was integral to the radio.

Any input, or could anyone spare me the connector?

Thanks,

Andrew

I was told by the dealer that it would be a $125 part as the entire dashboard wiring harness for that year was integral to the radio.

haha that's ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure all you need is a reverse harness for a WRX/most any other 93+ subaru, and a harness for your car. They're available at many places for around $5-12 each. Then you just need to match up the correct wires and solder (preferably) them together. The diagrams should be available at http://www.the12volt.com.

The one problem you might have is getting the dimmer to work because some harnesses don't have both illumination wires. It was discussed a bit in this thread, which also has links to where you can buy the harnesses.

Check Ebay. Guy sells them for @ $14 w/ shipping. Check out pic carefully to make sure pins are right because a lot of different people sell OEM wiring harness and that is not what you need. When I got it, it read "Reverse Harness" on the package. It has female end to fit into radio; most others have male end.:banana: