Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question on ea81 seats...

drove an 82 wagon today and even with the seatback all the way back it was still too close to the accelerator pedal and even with a short 5minute test drive my ankle and leg really hurt...are all the ea81's like this or do other seats fit that would enable me to move them back farther or am i going to have to find that cheap xt6 or ea82??

I'm 6'5'' and I wedge myself into a 1984 GL hatch every morning :cool:

actaully there seems to be no trouble in fitting in there at all, I just can't spike my hair or wear clown shoes :) Good thing I never do that anyways! hahaha.

Maybe the seat is broken? See if the passenger seat slides back further than the drivers? On my last car I moved the mounts on seat back further, that seemed to help alot too!

Pecae, Fishums

Hey Star This is Jerry, i have a 86 hatch and i have installed a set of XT6 seats in it. The adjusters gose so far back that the seat touches the back seat. Also the drivers seat still has the hight adjuster on it so small people can drive it. Find you a set of XT6 seats and i will install then for a small fee or trade me something for labor. Let me know Thanks Jerry

brats

will take you up on your offer as soon as i find a subie :) the one i was looking at also had a bad right front cv and no rear bumper and no p.s., while the price was certainly more then fair i simply cant afford to be fixing stuff right after i buy it...i need to have one that is good to go from day one with additional help needed down the road for cosmetic issues(bumper) but not other ones(cv), and of course, am concerned about the comfort of the ea81 seats till i can sit in more of them...that's why i might just have to go back to ea82's which i have driven over 750 thousand miles and feel very comfortable in them..

will have to seen what comes my way i guess :)

alan

jon

i thought the body looked pretty good along with the paint...missing the exterior parts of the rear window wiper...interior had the drivers seat with i guess the normal rips :)....rear cargo area had some stains in it but nothing terrible...i wasnt paying as much attention as i should have since i was too concerned about the pedal situation...but in my opinion its well worth the $300...