Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so the DL was out of time, in a wierd way

the car always ran wierd.. good, but wierd.. got 35 mpg on the last raod trip.. but never had alot of power.. always had to move the wires 1 spot around the cap to get it to run too.. but it was timed at 20 degrees..

after we ripped it out for a replacement, we checked the timing belts were dead on, so we rotated it around and check the position of the disty.. turns out when at top dead center, the rotor was pointed at #2.. so it was fireing 2,4,1,3 totally backasswards of what it should have been..

but i did like the gas mileage.. lol

now its gettin a brand spankin new ea82 carbed block and heads, teh spfi intake.. new struts, brakes, clutch, everything.. all new.. only issue is my radiator was rotted and i kinda ran out money for the project, so i hit the junkyard.. all they had was an xt6 radiator.. it fits nice if you change the bottom rail, but the ac compressor won't go back on cause the neck is too long..so i'll have to save some pennies and get a radiator before summer.. no biggy.. she should be back on the road tomorrow..