Ultimate Subaru Message Board

some new paint? maybe??

ok, so i just got photoshop today, and i always had this thought about some black :banana: tell me what u guys think of this(dont make fun of my photo chopping skills,first time using it here)

new_paint.jpg

i think it looks sick though! any advise to do or not to do? or prep work and what paint? anything appreciated. thanks

Might be helpful to have this photo to compare too mate.

000_0280.jpg

I am thinking about this for my bro's 83 DL wagon..

Ask this question to yourself: Do I like the black better?

I don't think it looks bad, I don't really see much difference, its all good to me. What about a gunmetal shade of gray?

Yea, i used bedliner in the back tray and in the wheel wells.

I just found the rubberised paint looked better on the outside painted surfaces of the vehicle, personal preference i guess.

I've found the rubber paint to be very durable, no scratches or chips yet after a year and i'm sure it helps with lowering road noise too.

For a second, I thought that first picture was my car. Except mine was the silver blue, with dark mettallic blue underneath. Looked pretty sharp. I'm a big fan of the two tone -- my current one is the gray-brown, with dark green below the door molding.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46066&highlight=two+tone

For prep, I'd wash it really good, then rough it up with sandpaper to take all the gloss off. If you're really into it, a good layer of primer underneath would be good, but I just sprayed mine.

HA, I sprayed up to the rubber molding and over the wheel arches on my silver '90 wagon with Wal-Mart bedliner, it took I think two cans. I also sprayed over the "turbo" decal because I wanted to enjoy my hairdryer in private. I prepped it pretty good, scuff-sanded the rockers and then used wax remover to wipe it down, it took forever to get the asphalt splatters off the car. I didn't do any bodywork on it so the rust bleeds through, I just spray another coat when the rust shows through too bad. I also painted the roof a brighter shade of silver, so now the car is 3-tone. It does help it stay cooler in the Florida sun though.

*edit* sory about the thumbs-down at the top of this post, don't know how that hapened. My bad; sorry bout that.