Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My GL-10 Needs a Roll-Cage *nods*

SO!! since AllWheelsDriven.Net wont return my emails, i will open it to anyone on here for suggestions!!

i need a professionally welded rollcage that meets with 2006 Rally America Specs, fit into a 1987 GL-10 Sedan. Anything can and will be removed for installation to save money, but if dash ect. need to be in for install, it will be left in.

I read that it needs to have a certificate? or something for it to be legit.. maybe this is just FIA certification for the WRC. not sure.

SO!

Lead me!!! This will be my ticket into rallying FINALLY!! its been almost a year since this all started... good ol Doug... if you havent read how this car was aquired.. its an interesting read (at least i think so... and i wrote it, so i have no say) :

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38798

so know someone? know a business on the west coast? i'll drive as far as portland...maybe a bit further if need be... let me know if you know anyone, anything, or... yeah! thanks!

There are specs in the rule book for how to build the cage. They are complete inculding acceptable materials, thicknesses, hoop locations, mounting locations, acceptable weld locations, and the list goes on. You don't have to have someone specific build the cage. It is best to go to someone who has done it for other rally cars, but it isn't neccisary. We had ours built buy a place that builds tube frame drag cars. Once the CAR is built it will have to go through an annual tech inspection where the cage will be verified.

So in other words, if you don't have an RA rule book yet that is the first thing you need to get. It tells you in there what needs to be done.

Good luck and be safe! The cage is defenitely the one area you don't want to skimp on.

Keith

I might be looking do do something similar.Where might I find one of those?

You can download the 2005 Rule book from their website.

http://www.rally-america.com/rules.php

Pages 37 to 44 of the book (43 t0 50 of the PDF File) go over all the different requirements.

The other way to get one is to become and Member... I think. I was automatically a member when the switch happened and I got a rule book, but I never renewed. I've only been running NASA stuff the past two years.

Keith