Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my intercooler is in finally!

Its been so nice out the past few days. It sucked cause I had to work until today which is one of my days off. So I decided to quit being lazy and gettin my WRX intercooler installed where its not so jerry rigged in there. LUVMYBRAT was so kind and finding me a filler neck from a gas tank which had the exact reducer I needed on it to go from the 2 7/8" outlet on the intercooler to the 2 3/8" inlet on the throttle body. I cut off the piece I needed and put it on. While I was getting the plumbing fitted and cut, I noticed that I'm going to have to cut my firewall a bit for more clearance for the pipe coming form my TD04 into the back of the intercooler. So thats where I'm at now, then it'll be timing, hooking up some misc vacuum lines and getting her tuned in a little bit better (she seemed like she was only runnin on 2 cylinders, bad timing!). Hopefully this afternoon/evening I can see about taking her around the block under her own power! I haven't done that in this car since I tore into her back in December of 2004.:banana:

As far as the fuel filler neck, I dunno what it came off of. I do know it came out of a scrap bin behind the local GM dealership;)

Jerry, as far as my turbo and exhaust, no BFHs were involved. Granted, I had to use it on the firewall to get the intercooler to fit right:headbang: