Ultimate Subaru Message Board

13b Turbo Rotary into Legacy

DJtheGOD

I think it would be cool to do one of those as a swap.I know that the mounting and what not will be a bit tricky but would be really cool to see it done.Good luck.I think rotaries are a nice engine but if you are going to boost it at all...you better get some better apex seals in there and do a periferal port on the engine to make it come alive.:)

It wont be all that bad as far as mounting goes and things its just getting the measurements right. the 13b is a small engine like only weighs around 200lbs i would say not including the bolt ons. you will have alot of engine bay space left after dropping that in there. You might want to do a mid mounted engine. That would be really cool and rotarys are known to be easier to do it with because of their size. your going to be using a 1.3 liter right? worst thing about a rotary is putting it back togather. Easy to take apart. i have a 84 Rx7 myself but its a 4BL 12A 1.3l . I love the car its pretty sweet for street driving. Handles like crazy

Tramsmission will the usual Subaru Auto with AWD will mate rotary to this shouldnt take much just an adapter plate to be made up..

the whole transmission deal with 4wd seems like its going to be tricky. What did you have in mind for like the front?