Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clueless owner

mdjdc

Here's a story that is sure to get everyone laughing.

My neighbor needed a car and I found him a 90 gl wagon 2wd 5spd that wouldn't idle corretly. He paid 150.00 for the car and we ended up putting a new ECu in it and he drove it for several months. Last summer he was driving it home and heard a funny noise under the hood. Upon inspection he said the fan was wobbling so he cut the belt and got back on the road. Needless to say he only got about five miles before he cooked the motor. I sold him another motor and he drove it for two days and cooked that motor. I felt bad and put another motor in and he drove it until last week when the motor locked up on the highway. He had it towed home and when I checked it there was no oil. He had seized the engine.

This man is not an idiot, but when it comes to cars he is totally clueless. In less that a year he has ruined three motors and now he has given me the title for it. I plan to put in another motor and at least get back the money he owes me for the original work I did for him. This is what I get for trying to help a friend and then finding out that he doesn't really care about the generousity of others.

Thought you'd all get a kick out of the story.

Here's a story that is sure to get everyone laughing.

My neighbor needed a car and I found him a 90 gl wagon 2wd 5spd that wouldn't idle corretly. He paid 150.00 for the car and we ended up putting a new ECu in it and he drove it for several months. Last summer he was driving it home and heard a funny noise under the hood. Upon inspection he said the fan was wobbling so he cut the belt and got back on the road. Needless to say he only got about five miles before he cooked the motor. I sold him another motor and he drove it for two days and cooked that motor. I felt bad and put another motor in and he drove it until last week when the motor locked up on the highway. He had it towed home and when I checked it there was no oil. He had seized the engine.

This man is not an idiot, but when it comes to cars he is totally clueless. In less that a year he has ruined three motors and now he has given me the title for it. I plan to put in another motor and at least get back the money he owes me for the original work I did for him. This is what I get for trying to help a friend and then finding out that he doesn't really care about the generousity of others.

Thought you'd all get a kick out of the story.

Thats how a buddy of mine was from high school. She never could get her mind around why you need anit-freeze/water in the radiator. Someone told me they get kinda warm under the hood? Whodathunkit??