Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Teaser..

if you can, try and get the ea81 motor too, they are different, and VERY rare. the exhaust ports and intake ports are larger for better flow. it still will easilly work on a standard ea81, but the other engine would have even better power.

if you can, try and get the ea81 motor too, they are different, and VERY rare. the exhaust ports and intake ports are larger for better flow. it still will easilly work on a standard ea81, but the other engine would have even better power.

:D I have one of those. (I'm from australia though)

Didn't know when I bought the car, but the dude selling the car to me said that the mech who put the engine in was willing to pay him $1500 to get it back a year later when the car was on the market. But luckly the dude wanted to sell the whole car, so I got it :D I was thinking about selling the manifold because the 14L pre 100KM feul issue, But I don't think I will ever think about selling it again. I heard the original dual carb engines have 108HP. I didn't believe it, but then I went for a spin in 4WD-LO around the streets, maybe it does. :D

Also another note. The valves are the other way round on these engine, more like a EA82. So the cam is different too. Makes it very interesting to figure out the rockers after taking the heads off when you don't know this fact. It looks like the engine should run backwards! Also you would need new exhaust setup. The bolt spacing is wider. I should write up all the info I know about these engines on my site I guess...

The gentelman that would be able to supply these has already ran them on one of his ea81. The only reason I am wating on posting all of the info is.

1. I want to make sure I can get mine :banana: (wating on a e-mail)

2. I want to make sure that all the info I post is complete so you will not have a hard time getting one. (still wating on a e-mail)

3. I want to give it time on the board for those who dont frequent it much

As far as it being off a truck.. I dont think they ment brat when they said that.

Ok.. Sorry it took so long but hopefully it might be worth it to a few.

Ok Mykal at Stratus2000 and he did have 8 of these and I think he said 7 of them had carbs. I recived on wensday the only one that had a air filter box:banana: . I dont know how many he has left but here is the info last time I talked to him.

"JOHN, THE CAM WOULD WORK GREAT WITH THE CARBS YOU MAY HAVE TO CLEAN THEM UP THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING FOR A WHILE. THE DUAL CARBS ON THE MANIFOLD $100. AND THE INTAKE ONLY $50."

IT came to like 122 for the total for shipping for the dual carbs and intake.

his contact info is here.

http://www.stratus2000.homestead.com/

I thought about buying all of them up and then resaleing them at 200-350 a set I could make 2000 grand ez..but ..but... I thought about the fact that I really appricate the help I get on this board and that if most of the old scoob fans on this board are as half as cool as Mcbrat was about saleing me my car.. that I would just hate my self for it later.;)